+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CSEF entitlement

Hello,

So now I am partner have been for some time, centrelink quite some time ago issued me a new health care card, when we went to use it at the pharmacy
    I was told it has been cancelled, long story short, I called centrelink
    they explained that because I am partnered and only now receive family payments and nothing more from them I am not able to have a health care card.

Combined income is around $68k and is over the limit.

So now with CSEF I believe I am not able to apply for this either, is this right ?

I am so ****ed I see this year they are also including uniform vouchers which also includes shoes as well........

I have a child starting high school, she needs full uniform, son is in yr 10 and has out grown his so needs them too and primary school my girl she needs new uniforms as well.

They are starting back up in school in 2 weeks and we have no uniforms at all, paid over $600 in text books and other books for the 2 in high school.

No more school bonus and now we cannot I think apply for CSEF for the uniform vouchers. We cannot stretch our budget anymore, there already is nothing left as it is.

Any thoughts ? I saw somewhere about special circumstances to apply for csef but i cannot find any actual info in the criteria for this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Salvation Army offer emergency financial assistance that can be used for uniforms and school expenses. Their number is 1300371228.

I feel for you! A lot of families are struggling with back to school expenses this year after the cancellation of the school kids bonus. Making it all worse is a lot of the NGO who used to offer back to school assistance have also closed down.

We have recently done a collect around of school supplies to help families in our area. Maybe some people are doing the same??

Can you ask the high school if they have second hand uniforms? A lot of people in Facebook buy/swap pages are selling or giving away our local high school uniforms and text books. Might be worth having a look.

I am not familiar with the CSEF....sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think CSEF is in Victoria only. You need to have a valid Pension or Health Care card -valid on the first day of term 1.

There is also State School Relief for uniforms.

The eligibility etc is here:
    http://www.education.vic.gov.au/abou...spx?Redirect=1

And here

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/abou...spx?Redirect=1