ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for screen free ways for kids to be entertained! lol

Hi,
    I havent been active on this forum for quite a long time!
    My kids are primary school aged, I am studying and working and my partner works long hours!
    My kids are great but a bit overly reliant on TV/Computer/beloved wifi... particularly because it has been our go-to babysitter on sat evenings while we try to relax, before and after school etc.

Dont get me wrong, we do 'stuff' together as a family like holidays, walk the dogs, go to the park... but when we are all home we just all tend to go and stare at a screen somewhere

Kids are 6 and 9.
    Any and all ideas appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do they like Lego or puzzles, DS (6) spends hours playing with Lego or his toys - do you have a trampoline or swing set, basketball hoop or what about board games, we've already played guess who and uno this morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. We only have a tiny backyard... we had a swing set and it was played on for about 2 weeks before they tired of it and claimed it was boring. It doesnt help that theres no space to run around out there and we are on a main road.Yes, my nine year old loves lego/marbles so he does often play with them in his room fortunately.. probably not hours at this stage. He is severely dyslexic and therefore reading books doesnt appeal but he loves music and listens to spotify quite often which I like..
    I could look at getting a basketball hoop for sure.. ! not sure how affordable they are??
    Both kids like monopoly which is the only board game we own lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get more board games! DD loves Monopoly too and also has Guess Who, Trouble, Snakes & Ladders, plus card games like Uno and memory games. They're great to do all together and for the kids to do while you have some downtime.