+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is online now Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Well I've been scratching all night and I don't know if it's because I've got the Heebie jeebies, or if have them too. Normally they HATE my hair, being so frizzy and dry... but I'm going to treat myself today too, because I can't stand the thought of having them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only product that works without combing is Licener My dd2 has frizzy waist length hair and this is the only product that has gotten rid of them in one treatment. It takes hours to comb out my dds hair and they always were there a few days later. Now I buy Licener on line and swear by it. It is worth the expense and the waiting on delivery time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (21-01-2017)

Mod-Nomsie is online now Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    The only product that works without combing is Licener My dd2 has frizzy waist length hair and this is the only product that has gotten rid of them in one treatment. It takes hours to comb out my dds hair and they always were there a few days later. Now I buy Licener on line and swear by it. It is worth the expense and the waiting on delivery time.
    Is it not available in pharmacies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mod-Nomsie You might get lucky, they have a list of stockists on their website. Delivery was 48hrs for Sydney last time I ordered. I can not rave about this stuff more. I love it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I have used the straightner on dd a few times out of desperation. I find when I use it alot I dont get as many lice myself so gave it a go on dd, it
    Seemed to work a bit bit you need to still comb through with conditioner.
    I just didnt want to use it too much on her hair
    I just did DD's hair with the straightener. Combing through her hair methodically meant I was able to get a lot of live ones out and squash them, as well as hopefully the attack residuals with heat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is what I've used:
    IMG_1484966994.283849.jpg
    By some fluke I've only ever found lice on my kids twice, in the 9 years since becoming a parent. The last time was a couple of weeks ago. Both times I used this mousse stuff (pictured) which you leave in for 10 minutes, rinse, shampoo, slather in conditioner, comb the nits and eggs out and then back in the shower to rinse again. Both times the lice and eggs were completely gone after treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    moov was the only one that worked for us.

I shaved DS's hair and DD has long, thick, curly, blonde hair...pretty much a nightmare for nits.

We tried heaps of different ones but Moov was the one that finally worked. It was great too cos its a conditioner type on that makes combing easier. The KP24 was horrible...couldnt brush it though

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (22-01-2017),rosewater  (22-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 11yo was infested. I try to check her hair constantly and she fights it. Yesterday morning she asked me to do a treatment. Not a good sign. I repeat - She was INFESTED!

I use Listerine on her. I put a towel around her shoulders (and draped over my lap). I put Listerine in a spray bottle and start at the back and spray it section by section and comb it through. I was about 1/3 up the back if her head (heading toward the front) and I had 3 adult live lice on the towel where they'd jumped trying to get away from the Listerine. I killed them and kept going. I had her entire head wet and was pulling it into a bun and another 3 adults on the edge of her hairline at the top of her neck. Killed those mothers too. Then I saw another 4 adults at the front hairline above eyebrows. Killed them. Wrapped her hair in plastic for an hour (sometimes I use a shower cap). Used conditioner and nit comb and I kid you not, she would have had 100 dead babies and another 4 dead adults. FFS! I'm doing her hair again tomorrow and every second day after that until there's no sign of anything. I'm horrified I had a nit carrier. I didn't see her scratch her head once. I last did her just before last week of school, so they've been breeding like sh1t fir the last 6 weeks. Eeeewwww.

Anyway, Listerine works. Highly recommend it - and it's super cheap. Honestly, every one I got out was dead after treatment.

Edited to add - I've straightened her hair a couple of times too, so unless I did a cr4p job - that didn't work.
    Last edited by Life is Good; 21-01-2017 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Good View Post
    My 11yo was infested. I try to check her hair constantly and she fights it. Yesterday morning she asked me to do a treatment. Not a good sign. I repeat - She was INFESTED!

I use Listerine on her. I put a towel around her shoulders (and draped over my lap). I put Listerine in a spray bottle and start at the back and spray it section by section and comb it through. I was about 1/3 up the back if her head (heading toward the front) and I had 3 adult live lice on the towel where they'd jumped trying to get away from the Listerine. I killed them and kept going. I had her entire head wet and was pulling it into a bun and another 3 adults on the edge of her hairline at the top of her neck. Killed those mothers too. Then I saw another 4 adults at the front hairline above eyebrows. Killed them. Wrapped her hair in plastic for an hour (sometimes I use a shower cap). Used conditioner and nit comb and I kid you not, she would have had 100 dead babies and another 4 dead adults. FFS! I'm doing her hair again tomorrow and every second day after that until there's no sign of anything. I'm horrified I had a nit carrier. I didn't see her scratch her head once. I last did her just before last week of school, so they've been breeding like sh1t fir the last 6 weeks. Eeeewwww.

Anyway, Listerine works. Highly recommend it - and it's super cheap. Honestly, every one I got out was dead after treatment.

Edited to add - I've straightened her hair a couple of times too, so unless I did a cr4p job - that didn't work.
    I had the biggest giggle at you describing your nit extermination you're like the Dirty Harry of nits extermination, love it!

Have never heard of using Listerine, but with all the alcohol in it it makes sense and hopefully that's the end of them for your poor DD.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Oh dear lord- Nits!

We bought the nit vacuum comb as it ended up being cheaper than buying the products to treat the whole family(also being pregnant I could only use select products), it was great. Only DS ended up with them but the comb got them all. The gross part was seeing them all crawling around in the filter. One comb through and it got them all.

I might try the listerine treatment before combing next time.