+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Oh dear lord- Nits!

It's been about 9 days and I have combed every day, washed bedding, sprayed hair with tea tree oil and water, tied back Dd's hair and treated twice so far with Euky Bear natural treatments. My boys scream with the conditioner and comb treatment, so that's not an option.

But we still have nits. Give me fail- safe treatments, I'm losing my shiz!
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 20-01-2017 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing.

We were all getting them constantly. Shaved DP & DSs hair, but DD and I are still getting them.

We're doing vinegar treatments, washing sheets, strong nit treatments and combing and they are not helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually tried the nit wits product that was reviewed here and found it worked great. They say you didnt need to comb but I still did.
    Then during the holidays she had a playdate and got head lice again 😭 so we did another treatment just in time for back to school

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you bribe the boys?
    Sorry to say I have found the only way to get them gone is conditioner and comb
    No products have ever killed the super lice we have had.
    I had to bribe my 4 year old last time he had them. There was a lot of crying. He had them so bad!
    Every second day is ok for the combing.
    I swear if my now 5 year old boy gets them again he's getting his head shaved!

Btw I never went as far to wash anything other than the bed sheets and towels.
    I feel so sorry for you all. The lice around these days are just insanely tough.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    A mum from school posted a treatment a few days ago of coconut oil and tea tree oil combined- apparently the coconut oil kills the lice- does anyone know if that is true?

Another school mum swears by straightening her daughters hair when she has themA apparently it cooks the life and eggs? Again, has anyone tried that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have used the straightner on dd a few times out of desperation. I find when I use it alot I dont get as many lice myself so gave it a go on dd, it
    Seemed to work a bit bit you need to still comb through with conditioner.
    I just didnt want to use it too much on her hair

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-01-2017)

RaryGirl is offline Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We use the KP24 nit egg treatment (one that dissolves the egg glue). Wash it out after 20 minutes, dry the hair then use the zapping nit comb on the dry hair to comb through and get the last of them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-01-2017)

RaryGirl is offline Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    A mum from school posted a treatment a few days ago of coconut oil and tea tree oil combined- apparently the coconut oil kills the lice- does anyone know if that is true?

Another school mum swears by straightening her daughters hair when she has themA apparently it cooks the life and eggs? Again, has anyone tried that?
    I read about apple cider and coconut oil, so gave it a go. Stunk and made me gag and the hair was disgustingly greasy

ETA- still had the nits
    Last edited by RaryGirl; 20-01-2017 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in nit hell too. Omg they're gross. I bribe my girls with an ice cream to sit still while I comb.

I haven't found any in me but I swear I can feel them running around in there!

I've heard people say don't wash your hair and they can't survive. I actually go over a week without washing usually and I don't have any. My girls rarely have their hair washed either and one is ridden and the other has none

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hair washing theory must be different for everyone :/
    When my son got the bad infestation it was during a time he wouldn't let me wash his hair more than once a week. It's how he got so badly infested because I wasn't getting an up close look just a quick brush.
    The only one in my family never to get them is my other son who always has a really warm head and has a distinct odour to his head. He actually smells like a wet puppy when he gets his hair wet!

I did use the one to dissolve the glue too that did work well in conjunction with conditioner and combing.
    These things are crazy. 30 mins totally slathered in conditioner and covered with shower cap, still coming out alive.
    You need one of those old school nit combs too. They are cheap and buy them singly at the chemist. Kinda hard plastic and have two sides. You get the eggs with the finer side. The ones I've seen in the supermarket you have no chance of getting eggs or if you're unlucky like we were, the just hatched baby lice.