+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's your trigger?

What's your trigger ladies? Mine is when someone who has had no trouble conceiving says to me "just give it more time" "have more fun". Sometimes it just gets me down. 1 year ttc and counting.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017),Trytryandtryagain  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend who conceived so easily. Once first try and the other took her about 3 months. I don't like when she tries to give me advice or asks me if I'm doing things right.
    I said I was using ovulation tests once and she asked me what those were. She didn't even know about ovulating. It's just frustrating haha.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuggetty For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017),Sapphire1992  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetty View Post
    I have a friend who conceived so easily. Once first try and the other took her about 3 months. I don't like when she tries to give me advice or asks me if I'm doing things right.
    I said I was using ovulation tests once and she asked me what those were. She didn't even know about ovulating. It's just frustrating haha.
    Yes this is very similar to what I'm going through at the moment. I was even told by this person that she didn't conceive when she was ovulating.... as in she never ovulated after coming off birth control and fell pregnant the first go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire1992 View Post
    Yes this is very similar to what I'm going through at the moment. I was even told by this person that she didn't conceive when she was ovulating.... as in she never ovulated after coming off birth control and fell pregnant the first go?
    It's really hard not to get bitter towards these types of people haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nuggetty For This Useful Post:

Sapphire1992  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard not to get bitter towards these types of people haha
    Finally someone who understands! It is so hard sometimes I just have to remind myself that it's a baby and how can you be bitter about an innocent little baby?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

nuggetty  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also another trigger is when my MIL who knows what issues we are having, buys baby things for your said friend and sends me pics of it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's your trigger ladies? Mine is when someone who has had no trouble conceiving says to me "just give it more time" "have more fun". Sometimes it just gets me down. 1 year ttc and counting.
    Ooooh that one used to really bother me - like they are insinuating it's your fault you aren't getting pregnant because you don't relax, or aren't good enough at DTD!
    I had a friend who kept saying "take a holiday and have lots of s$x" well at that stage we were 18 months in and had been on our honeymoon plus 2 more holidays so obviously that didn't work!
    I ended up avoiding a lot of social situations I knew would upset me while we TTC & IVF. Looking back I kind of regret I missed a lot of baby showers and birthday parties, but you do what you have to to get through. People are so insensitive!
    I did find it helped to have something fun planned every few months - even just a nice dinner out or weekend away with DH to get through. I wish you the best of luck on your journey for a family x

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017),nuggetty  (20-01-2017),Sapphire1992  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Ooooh that one used to really bother me - like they are insinuating it's your fault you aren't getting pregnant because you don't relax, or aren't good enough at DTD!
    I had a friend who kept saying "take a holiday and have lots of s$x" well at that stage we were 18 months in and had been on our honeymoon plus 2 more holidays so obviously that didn't work!
    I ended up avoiding a lot of social situations I knew would upset me while we TTC & IVF. Looking back I kind of regret I missed a lot of baby showers and birthday parties, but you do what you have to to get through. People are so insensitive!
    I did find it helped to have something fun planned every few months - even just a nice dinner out or weekend away with DH to get through. I wish you the best of luck on your journey for a family x
    Yes I can definitely relate to that one. "You just need to relax, take a break and let your body do the work"... so frustrating

I can only imagine what you've been through. I have just got a referral to a gyno to have some tests done when I feel like I am ready. It's so hard with social interactions. Sometimes all I want to do is just curl up in a ball in bed and cry until I have no tears left. I feel like you ladies on here are the only ones who truly understand.

Thank you for your wishes, it means so much. Good luck to you lovely with your journey xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017),nuggetty  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also another trigger is when my MIL who knows what issues we are having, buys baby things for your said friend and sends me pics of it...
    I haven't told anyone other than that friend and another friend who I just told yesterday. It's been 15 months and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with constant questions and unwanted advice from everyone haha.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nuggetty For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't told anyone other than that friend and another friend who I just told yesterday. It's been 15 months and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with constant questions and unwanted advice from everyone haha.
    I wish we had still kept it quiet I have stopped talking to most people about it now. In the first 6 months we kept it quiet, but after that it just got so hard once everyone was talking about my friends baby and it was in my face all the time. I told people so they could be a little bit more considerate