+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 3 year old waking constantly!!!

I posted this in sleeping and settling but didn't get any response so I am moving it here hoping someone can give some advice.

After some thoughts or advice ladies. My almost (April 5th) 3 year old has been waking constantly at night. He has never been a great sleeper but this has gotten beyond a joke. There have been a few changes for him as follows;

- Dummy fairy came after Christmas (he only had the dummy for nap and bedtime)
    - Toilet training commenced shortly after Christmas and he is now pretty much day trained for wees (pull up for nap and bedtime)
    - I am 30 weeks pregnant with number 2 and we talk about this all the time. He sees excited but maybe he is a little anxious deep down?

So I am wondering if all of the above is contributing or causing all this night waking? He goes to bed no problem (same routine for 2 years) but wakes literally within 1.5 - 2 hours. He says he is scared of the dark (he has a night light). We simply give him cuddles and re-assure him that there is nothing to be scared of and to go back to sleep. Well he is up an hour or 2 later then again after that. It has become so draining and I am so tired that I have been giving up after a few wake ups and let him in our bed. I know this is not helping but I need some sleep!!

I will add that this started right after we took the dummy away which was 3 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like he has had a lot of change in such a short period of time. For my DS 2.5 I play some soft relaxation music in his room for him to go to sleep to. I have recently had to change his bed time to between 8-8:30 as he was constantly waking in the night & them getting up super early. He now sleeps all night till 6:30- 7 am.

Hope that helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

FTMumma  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD turns 3 a day after your DS and we've been having similar issues. I'm also almost 35 weeks pregnant with number 2. My suggestion is to just keep doing bedtime as normal and offer him lots of reassurance. We did that with DD and, although it took a few weeks, she's back to sleeping through. We still have a rough night here and there.

Good luck, hopefully he settles soon. No sleep and pregnancy is not fun!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac07 For This Useful Post:

FTMumma  (25-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (24-01-2017)