+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    I use a meditation app (Headspace) to help me fall asleep when im feeling too active...it's amazing, im asleep in minutes and never make it to the end of the 10 min session!

Maybe you like a little noise to fall asleep...have you tried a really quiet radio? I'd definitely give meditating a go
    I'm profoundly deaf, I usually take my cochlear audio processors off by 7.30 if I don't they start causing me a headache. I'll have a look at that app,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try any apps by Andrew Johnson..they are really good and there are some for all sorts of things you want to do like dieting, confidence, anxiety etc but also good ones for just sleeping or power napping. I found them really useful.
    I'm a single parent and i always have my girls in bed by 7 and then it's "me" time! I eat dinner after they go to bed (i enjoy trying new things or just having easy things) then i chat to a friend on the phone, watch tv, read or whatever. I look forward to 7pm and by having all my housework done by then i get to refresh and relax so that I'm ready with energy the next day.
    One thing I've done is break up my week into little things to spoil myself with. Saturday night i watch a movie. Friday night i have a no technology or tv night, so i light a candle, have a bath, read books i enjoy and just have quiet time. Anything that suits you. Sometimes it's hard to change what you normally do but give it a go, set yourself up with one evening of something different and consider if you could make it a once a week thing. Just to help get out of the rut. Exercise during the day is the key to good sleep i think. Try to be worn out physically, not just emotionally tired!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to bring this thread back again, but I'm still having trouble sleeping I don't normally go to sleep till 1am even if I go to bed at 9.
    Since I last posted I've tried no tv or screens of any kind and tried buying a newspaper instead and reading but it just doesn't seem to do it for me.

I have been trying to get better at meditating and sometimes it works other nights I just can't get in the zone and cant concentrate enough to get there.

My mum has had me using magnesium and Sam-e, the Sam-e helped for a while but stopped working and the Magnesium helped for a bit too but gave me the runs after a while, but I still have it twice a week.
    Is there anything else I can try? I feel zonked at the moment but don't feel like I could sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried any essential oils that you can rub on?
    Screens don't keep me awake either so I can understand if you're saying that isn't bothering you.
    There are other natural things to help you sleep.
    Maybe you could see a naturopath?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Have you tried any essential oils that you can rub on?
    Screens don't keep me awake either so I can understand if you're saying that isn't bothering you.
    There are other natural things to help you sleep.
    Maybe you could see a naturopath?
    I haven't tried any essential oils but I'll give anything a try, are there any specific type I should try?
    A Naturopath isn't something I thought about I get some extra hours at work this week so I'll have a look at finding one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you not get to sleep until a certain time every night consistently? Or us it more occasional? I'm just wondering if your body clock is a bit out of whack? So your body feels like "bedtime" isn't until 1am? My teen daughter is very prone to getting her body clock out of sync (especially during holidays or after overseas trips ) and can't get back to a normal bedtime. She has used Melatonin a few times in the past to re - regulate and finds it works really well...just a short course and she's back to getting a proper nights sleep.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sometimes especially after work(I didn't sleep well yesterday after work and still have 1 more night to go tonight), I will pop on a YouTube station with some form of hypnosis. Usually doesn't take me long to zone out and sleep. Once I do the few things I gotta do now, I will be going to bed and will either listen to YouTube, pop on a radio station on my phone or the music app pandora and sleep. Sometimes having that background noise helps with sleep.

I have tried sleeping tablets but they don't work for me. There are some you can buy from the chemist though without a prescription. I can't think of the one I tried unfortunately but it helped someone I used to know who also worked night shift.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suppose my clock could have been thrown by Cass's hospital stays, often I was up till all hours in hospital with him.
    This is quite regular for me now even though I want to sleep and just lay in bed awake with lights out often for hours I just can't.
    Last edited by Mason98; 11-02-2017 at 11:02. Reason: pressed submit too quickly