+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    After DSS goes to bed partner and I tend to collapse in exhaustion he's a very full on kid. But tonight I'm chilling out on the iPad and partner is gaming.

I tend to end up doing a bit of tidying before going to bed early. DSS is usually up at dawn, so the more I do of a night the less I have to make my tired brain deal with in the mornings!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am boring. I either lounge (collapse) on the couch and watch tv, fold washing, make lunch for DS then go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my two are down and out i tend to binge watch tv, fb, bubhub, you tube, bum on the couch....i figure i have been attending to the kids all day,which i love but dont have the energy or want to do any housework at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not single parent but DH used to work nights then FIFO, so many nights just me and the kids.

As a teacher I often have some planning/marking to do of an evening, which I usually do with the telly on. I have lots of 'homey' hobbies which is lucky spending so many evenings stuck at home. Is there something you could do like model making, puzzles or the like that are quiet and calm but still a bit more active than gaming?

I find I sleep better if I've been physical during the day, but hyped up if I'm too active at night. From memory your little one is potentially still young enough for a pram, perhaps a walk straight after dinner as part of his wind down? Otherwise look for ways your day can include more activity - stairs instead of lift, park further away and so on.

One of my biggest barriers is caffeine. Check your caffeine intake, I can't have cola/coffee after 2pm and no tea after 5pm if I want good sleep. I even need to lay off dark chocolate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I need to give myself permission to have a "night off" and just veg out. Otherwise I go to bed and feel like I wasted my night, then get the guilts and toss and turn promising myself to not be lazy tomorrow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I snuggle up with DH and watch TV/a movie or he watches something while I read.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I sit down and watch TV and play on my phone. Sometimes I go for a walk but that's it.

I'm too worried about waking my kids so I do no housework at all when they're asleep, I mean none at all. Anyone else like that?

Have you tried having a bath Mason of reducing the gaming doesn't help? It seems to work for babies and kids.???

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (10-02-2017),Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reducing the gaming doesn't seem to help or shutting down the computer, my mind is still racing I wish I could find a way to make my brain shut down totally even though I feel exhausted.
    Tonight Cass didn't want to sleep until 9.30, so I just had him lay on top of me for some cuddle time I feel a bit more tired tonight like my brain isn't so hypo, but I still don't feel like sleeping.
    When I was still living at home dad used to sit and talk to me at night not long before I would go to bed and I always felt good after it but I don't have that any more, and doing it on skype isn't the same.
    Yeah I know the answer to that.. Grow up Mason.

Does anyone do any meditating or anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't keep bubs up longer that could mess with their routine. But taking them for a walk in the fresh air will do the both of you the world of good as fresh air helps you sleep better.

Tonight at home I did the ironing and watched Valentine's Day on Netflix. DS1 & 2 both in bed sleeping and dp went to bed at like 9 after a massive week at work.

What about studying online at night I did this when DS1 was a baby and i was single with him I also use to have friends over for dinner at least once a week.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    Reducing the gaming doesn't seem to help or shutting down the computer, my mind is still racing I wish I could find a way to make my brain shut down totally even though I feel exhausted.
    Tonight Cass didn't want to sleep until 9.30, so I just had him lay on top of me for some cuddle time I feel a bit more tired tonight like my brain isn't so hypo, but I still don't feel like sleeping.
    When I was still living at home dad used to sit and talk to me at night not long before I would go to bed and I always felt good after it but I don't have that any more, and doing it on skype isn't the same.
    Yeah I know the answer to that.. Grow up Mason.

Does anyone do any meditating or anything?
    I use a meditation app (Headspace) to help me fall asleep when im feeling too active...it's amazing, im asleep in minutes and never make it to the end of the 10 min session!

Maybe you like a little noise to fall asleep...have you tried a really quiet radio? I'd definitely give meditating a go