+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single parents please help

So I left my husband after 6 years of domestic violence. At the start we were doing a 1 week off one 1 week on custody arrangement with the kids. It was so hard being away from them and he refused to ever agree in writing to when and where he would be dropping them off. He would use them against me to find out information and i had to tell him or he would say he wouldn't give the kids back. So it came to a point where he was telling people if I tried to take either of his 2 houses he would kill me
    He was feeding my babies with horrible lies that they would then tell me about when they came back to me (they are 3 and 5). Finally I asked my lawyer for advice and she told me not to give them back till a parenting plan was on place. His parenting plan was ridiculous he kept adding things in to try know all my whereabouts and control what I was doing. I refused to sign it and he said he wouldn't sign anything until I signed the financial agreement that said he kept everything
    ..his 2 houses AND the caravan that is in my name. So im in the process of getting an ivo and now he has applied for one against me even though I haven't seen him in over 2 months and found out he is purposefully not trying to see the kids because he thinks the time I have them is the time he will get back when this goes to family law court.
    My main concern is if the ivo doesn't go through he will take them from school and I won't be able to do anything about it cos there is no parenting plan or anything in place. Is there anyway I can stop him from picking them up from school when he is there dad??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs! How awful for you. I have no personal experience but could you pop down to the police station & have a chat with them? Are they at daycare or primary school? The father of my eldest had a period where we didn't get along and I was worried about this (he made life difficult for a good few months), I spoke with her daycare and advised them he wasn't in her life right now & if he tries to pick them up to call me - he never did though. He was never listed on her paperwork though either as I was single when I booked her in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also tell the school the situation so their teachers know as that he is not to have contact even without orders in place. I did that with my ex before we got orders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzieelizabeth View Post
    My main concern is if the ivo doesn't go through he will take them from school and I won't be able to do anything about it cos there is no parenting plan or anything in place. Is there anyway I can stop him from picking them up from school when he is there dad??
    Unfortunately as he is the parent, the school can and will send them home with him unless there are orders stating not to.

However, you may be able to tell them what is going on and ask that they call you if he turns up and stall him until you get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome and hope all goes ok for you