ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    When you think you have completed class room set up, and have profiles all ready with names.. and then you get an email telling you you have a newbie, but they aren't sure on the correct spelling of the name...
    Gah! It's every teachers worst nightmare (OK, not worst - we all know triple yard duty is our worst! ).

That's the joy of upper primary - I get them to make their name tags for their tubs! So happy to scamper back to the big kids after a year down in laminating-land!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    When you think you have completed class room set up, and have profiles all ready with names.. and then you get an email telling you you have a newbie, but they aren't sure on the correct spelling of the name...
    And it's the blurst when it changes your total number of kids to a prime number or something stupid so it's impossible to make nice, pretty groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    And it's the blurst when it changes your total number of kids to a prime number or something stupid so it's impossible to make nice, pretty groups.
    I'm hoping for a last minute enrollment so I won't have 23 (again!!!).

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yes well I now have 24, so pairs isn't a problem, but since my buddy also had 23 it wasn't an issue anyway. She got a newbie too this morning, so yay, lucky us... 48 kids...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm not a teacher, but wanted to ask a question. When do your schools notify parents of their kids classrooms? Our school doesn't put the lists up until the afternoon of the day before. Which is a PIA as you have to go in in the morning to get uniforms etc, but back in the arvo to find your kids classroom, and it's a 40km trip to town!!! I don't understand why they can't put it up earlier. Is this common practice? Or does our school system just suck??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm not a teacher, but wanted to ask a question. When do your schools notify parents of their kids classrooms? Our school doesn't put the lists up until the afternoon of the day before. Which is a PIA as you have to go in in the morning to get uniforms etc, but back in the arvo to find your kids classroom, and it's a 40km trip to town!!! I don't understand why they can't put it up earlier. Is this common practice? Or does our school system just suck??
    One school in WA that I worked at would do that. They had a lot of transient students and a lot of disorganised families, so would often get 20+ enrolments on the morning of book pickup, so would need to leave finalising classes until the last minute. Even with that they would still get another heap of changes on day 1 when more kids would just turn up (and some not turn up). They always had a pre-approved bank of teachers as they even had to ring someone the night before school started and offer them a job as they had to create an extra class!! I found out about one contract there a week prior and thought that was bad enough!

So there could be a range of reasons. Is there a friend who could look and text you? Otherwise ask in the morning if you can ring/email the office that afternoon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Californication  (28-01-2017)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    A lot of schools in vic announce classes on statewide transition day which is a few weeks before the end of term. My school holds onto the info for a bit longer, and announces in the last week of term 4. Classes need to be gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure parent requests, buddy requests, teacher wishes to a certain degree etc are met as best as possible. Even when we thought ours were finalised I started doing a bit of work getting ready for transition and realised that a prep student who was supposed to come into my by request of the parent had been placed in the wrong class, which then unearthed about 3 more errors...

But, all that aside, I have nfi why your school does it like that. I would be most annoyed. Can you make a day of it and do a bit of shopping or see a movie in the middle?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD just started prep and her school does that. I dropped her at vacation care at 10 and the list wasn't going to be up until 11 but they closed at 330 but I had to go to work. I ended up calling and explaining I couldn't get back before 330 and she just told me over the phone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bwrlab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All the schools my kids have been to (in WA) don't put class lists up until the afternoon before school starts (so this Tues)....it sucks!
    Though last year they had so many kids not come back to the school (probably because the principal is in d**k) that they had to rearrange so there was one less class. My DS's changed from a yr 5/6 class into a 4/5 class a week after school started...was very disruptive

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Some public schools in nsw stay in the previous year's class with that same teacher for a couple of weeks until numbers are finalised

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post: