ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    🏻
    I'm looking at a new program to create digital portfolios and a blog that you can share with parents? It's called seesaw, has anyone else used it?
    Yes!! A principal friend of mine uses it and we used it to "talk" to each other about a child's academic progress. It was great to see visual evidence of what a child can and can't do.

I think what's important is to make it VERY clear to parents what is expected of a child at this stage (eg, what outcomes are you focused on and what should the "finished product" look like). Comment positively on the child's progress, but I guess me mindful of saying "excellent work" when the standard is excellent for the individual but not when compared to the expected outcome. Does that make sense?

Good luck!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wickedly Happy For This Useful Post:

Rusalka  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    🏻 I'm doing 1 day in a kindy class and 1 day in a preprimary class this year. So I don't have to worry about setting up the classrooms.

I'm looking at a new program to create digital portfolios and a blog that you can share with parents? It's called seesaw, has anyone else used it?
    I'm not a teacher but a parent and yes our school uses seesaw and it's amazing!!!
    It's an app we download and our kindy teacher ( and other teachers like art, music, sport and library) would upload videos of DS during the day, photos and any art work or school work he does, we have it for the 13 years he's at school and obviously keep the content forever - you can share and forward the content on as well
    We get an email or SMS notifying us when something is added , it's brilliant

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Rusalka  (23-01-2017)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Sounds a lot like Story Park- Dd's daycare use it and as a parent, it's lovely to see photos and videos of her having fun and interacting. The educators also add a blurb with it including reference to learning outcomes which is nice, but actually I don't care that much about her meeting learning outcomes at the age of 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the middle of moving but my piles of resources and name things seem to be growing the joys of early childhood! Into class on Wednesday to get some of this out of the house and to paint my windows

IMG_1485145316.851195.jpgIMG_1485145326.885424.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully others can learn from my mistake I got very enthusiastic with my laminating without checking them, turns out they are visible from the other side because I didn't back the cards!! Not helpful when you are using them for games like memory!! So now have to go back and back and re-laminate the ones I'd already done!!

Remind me why we do this to ourselves

IMG_1485227758.079082.jpgIMG_1485227769.256913.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad89 View Post
    Hopefully others can learn from my mistake I got very enthusiastic with my laminating without checking them, turns out they are visible from the other side because I didn't back the cards!! Not helpful when you are using them for games like memory!! So now have to go back and back and re-laminate the ones I'd already done!!

If it makes you feel any better, I laminated a paper clip in the back of an anchor chart once. Needles to say I didn't put that one up on the windows!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mad89  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ok, be honest- especially those working in lower grades. After a 2 hour literacy block where there isn't time to scratch yourself, my teaching partner and I both have yard duty- 20 minutes each- she first, and then I second, so we cannot set up together.
    This is what I have planned- all according to our term SPICE planner.. it's set up that concerns me. This will be my partner's 4th year teaching, but is still heavily dependent on me to ok her decisions and sound her ideas off- timid seems to be a good fit word.
    Are we setting ourselves up for failure in trying to prep a 2 hr spice block in 20 minutes each- keeping in mind this is what I have planned for us to undertake in our first week:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 10.34.34 am.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Ok, be honest- especially those working in lower grades. After a 2 hour literacy block where there isn't time to scratch yourself, my teaching partner and I both have yard duty- 20 minutes each- she first, and then I second, so we cannot set up together.
    This is what I have planned- all according to our term SPICE planner.. it's set up that concerns me. This will be my partner's 4th year teaching, but is still heavily dependent on me to ok her decisions and sound her ideas off- timid seems to be a good fit word.
    Are we setting ourselves up for failure in trying to prep a 2 hr spice block in 20 minutes each- keeping in mind this is what I have planned for us to undertake in our first week:
    Attachment 88287
    Yup...I don't think it seems very achievable and you become quite a perfectionist with making sure learning stations like that look inviting and have the required tools for independent extension etc. it seems similar to my "investigations" time which we could set up in 1/2 hour (some areas were permanently set up in the room though) prior to school all together. The first set up if it though took us far Longer to get right (activities usually changed fortnightly but soon sooner/later). Can you request some timetable changes to at least try to do it together?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad89 View Post

Attachment 88273Attachment 88274
    can you buy some big stickers that are all the same and stick them on? i've done that before saves redoing them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    When you think you have completed class room set up, and have profiles all ready with names.. and then you get an email telling you you have a newbie, but they aren't sure on the correct spelling of the name...