+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Lightbulb Teacher Chat

I know there are quite a few teachers on the hub, and I know we are all busy getting ready for the return to school. I was just wondering if anyone wanted a bit of a group chat to share ideas, lesson plans, give support, answer questions and point each other in the way of resources? It usually happens a lot either in school/ or in each team at a school but I've always found reaching out to other teachers at other schools generates a whole heap of ideas I've never thought of before!

Fingers crossed some interested parties come along soon. (I've been at school all morning working on classroom setup, and have been sitting on my computer since lunch creating bookmarks with each child's various usernames and passwords and brag tag set up- it's fresh on my mind!)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ooh I'm in! I just cracked it and came home because the printer at school isn't working properly (so nothing's changed there), but I have set up my new reading corner, done my brag tag/dojo stuff, made cute avatars on teach starter...you know, all the fun procrastinatey stuff!

What year/s do you have this year?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ooh I'm in! I just cracked it and came home because the printer at school isn't working properly (so nothing's changed there), but I have set up my new reading corner, done my brag tag/dojo stuff, made cute avatars on teach starter...you know, all the fun procrastinatey stuff!

What year/s do you have this year?
    Yay!

Back with the 1/2's again, and have the dubious honour of being Level Leader- kakking my daks! Hopefully this chat thread takes off because one of my team is a bit rogue- won't follow term planners, doesn't do the full 10 hrs of literacy and 5 hours of maths per week (her planner says she does, but both my boys were in her class last year and I know for a fact she wasn't following her planner), will go online to my planner and copy and paste slabs of it, etc... so I am definitely going to need help sooner rather than later on dealing with this one!

So far I've done my word wall, CAFE display, birthday display, interactive calendar, arranged the tables (but am reconsidering and will end up rearranging it again tomorrow), started putting all my anchor charts back on the walls (had to take down over the holidays for the cleaner) but I have so, so much to do! And it's hard having to take DS1 and DS2 to school with me, because after an hour or so they get tired of being there and want to go home again!

Are you in with the big kids again @harvs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in! I'm teaching year 5/6/7 this year ☺

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

harvs  (19-01-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yep, 4-6 this year but I've got a couple of tricky ones coming in so I'm a bit freaked out!

I'm sitting here installing all 300 KG fonts onto my new work laptop and watching Ally McBeal. I'm outsourcing my laminating this year 😂😂. Got some anchor charts to make and need to drill down on what I'm doing in week 1, but otherwise I'm pretty well on track.

Curby you'll love 5-7. Such a challenging, cheeky, enriching age. Noms we'll help you to crack the whip on Mrs Slackdrawers!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm somewhat in! I'm missing the hecticness and the fun organisational stuff as I'm only back for 3 weeks before I start maternity leave. I don't have my any responsibility and I'm missing it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join? I'm on kindergarten this year. Ive half done my room, spent 3 full days re-organising. Sooo sick of covering walls & notice boards!! Haven't touched any class names yet, we're an enrolment or so away from another class.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @harvs I am obsessed with fonts!! Love KG ones too. I'm very jealous you are able to install them on your work computer, we need an administrator password to do that. Also @Mod-Nomsie, I'm jealous your cleaner cleans your walls!! Our classrooms are honestly filthy, our cleaner doesn't even clean our desks (we do it). I on a ladder putting up some displays and saw the top of my cupboard- seriously inch thick dust covered the whole thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    @harvs I am obsessed with fonts!! Love KG ones too. I'm very jealous you are able to install them on your work computer, we need an administrator password to do that. Also @Mod-Nomsie, I'm jealous your cleaner cleans your walls!! Our classrooms are honestly filthy, our cleaner doesn't even clean our desks (we do it). I on a ladder putting up some displays and saw the top of my cupboard- seriously inch thick dust covered the whole thing!
    Ewwww! I won't say they're the best, because daily they seem to miss a lot of obvious stuff, but the cleaners go alright. I would be so upset if I had to get admin permission to install anything on my computer- I think the admin would be driven so crazy by requests all the time they have left it so we can install what we choose.
    I also love the KG fonts, but through Pinterest have found a lot of free "teacher" fonts which work really well for displays and such.
    Next time I'm in my classroom I will take photos of what I have got done so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ooh I'll take photos too!

I used to know the admin password but we got this new IT guy and I was stupid and told him that I knew it so he changed it and took everything off the server that I had ever installed. He's also my neighbour so I can't crotch punch him. So, he's compromising with the laptop thing so my head doesn't explode 😳

Actually I'm very glad for this thread (moreso) because the work politics are starting up already and I'm in the middle of it as usual. It's stressing me out and we haven't even started yet!!
    @My Beloved Ones I don't think I knew that you were a teacher!