+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies just buy some syringes (no needles obviously) from the chemist in whatever size you need...they come in 1, 3, 5, 10 and 20ml sizes and are inexpensive. They are kept behind the counter, just ask. The numbers rub off after a while but I just replace...or even better...ask a nurse friend to bring you some ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Ladies just buy some syringes (no needles obviously) from the chemist in whatever size you need...they come in 1, 3, 5, 10 and 20ml sizes and are inexpensive. They are kept behind the counter, just ask. The numbers rub off after a while but I just replace...or even better...ask a nurse friend to bring you some ☺
    They don't fit the flat nuerofen end that's why we're asking about the attachment. You can pour but it's really hard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    Is that a mistake? I have a 44 kilo 12 year old and he's huge! Could she take a tablet then?
    Not a mistake. She's very tall for her age too, over a full head taller than other kids in her class. Unfortunately she is still 5 so she just gags on tablets, never been able to get her to swallow one.

I've raised her rate of growth several times with medical professionals but they say it's just genetics (I'm not exactly small). Oddly enough though my second daughter, who I'm raising exactly the same, is normal size.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Even if you take the cap for the dispenser off the bottle the 10ml syringes don't go into the bottle and if the neck is wide enough they can't reach down once it gets lower than half. The point is why have a dispenser for easy dosing if it's not big enough to take the required dose.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-01-2017),Mona424  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I had a look at the chemist today. They have one with 5ml doses and one with 10ml. The 10ml ones were harder to find (obscure spot).

They are in the medical aids section.
    Went to 3 chemists yesterday and none had them. Have not given up yet though. I've found them online so will buy that way if I have to but that won't help me at the moment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Even if you take the cap for the dispenser off the bottle the 10ml syringes don't go into the bottle and if the neck is wide enough they can't reach down once it gets lower than half. The point is why have a dispenser for easy dosing if it's not big enough to take the required dose.
    Fair enough. We just use syringes to administer liquid medicine at work. .if the syringe won't fit or the bottle too empty we pour the approx amount into a medicine cup or bottle lid and suck up. Obviously we only use the syringe for a single use in this circumstance ☺. At home I use lots of times...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    They come with a cap to put on the bottle. You can then put it upside down to syringe it.

Eta. I just realized the ones behind the counter might not. Sorry!