+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @shellzand I'll attach the list of tests we had to have done prior to seeing our fs. I not sure but different fs may want different things? You need referrals for these tests so talk to your gp about it. Our fs wouldn't see us until we had done all these tests. We are regional and don't have ivf facilities here so we are next week having a Skype appointment with a ivf fs in Sydney to go through our tests and to discuss our steps towards ivf. We local fs said we should get more tests done but Sydney fs said it's not necessary so we will see how things go

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @kylez83 I was meant to write more but got busy at work! That's great that they are accomodating and you can have a meeting via Skype. How far away from the city are you!? How do you feel about your appointment? I am so nervous about our first one on Monday! Our doctor had had us have most of them tests, so I am feeling a bit more prepared and relieved thank you! I think from doing more research I am not ovulating properly. I have long, irregular cycles and heavy clot like bleeding. Fingers crossed we have some success soon! Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shellzand we live 5 hours north of Sydney near Coffs Harbour. I'm feeling good about the appointment, I just want to book in the ivf and have a date secured and to work towards. Our issue is low sperm count, so far I seem to be ok and we have had a lot of tests done. Have you had a hsg? Where they insert dye into you to check your tubes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kylez83 yes I have had that test! Everything was ok and tubes were open / no blockages. Have you had it? Also, stupid question but the ultrasound they do, is that something inserted into downstairs?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I love Coffs! I grew up near Byron so Coffs was never too far away! I got it all goes well! At least you have the problem diagnosed most likely .. we don't know what our issue is husband is fine so it seems to be me which is upsetting hard to be positive at times

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shellzand the ultrasound is internal and when you do the iui the do an internal ultrasound the day before to track your ovulation. Well that's what happened with my iui cycles. Yes I had the hsg, had to have it before the fs would see us. Good luck on Monday, let me know how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @kylez83 I will keep you posted. I feel so anxious! Started a fresh cycle yesterday so feeling hopeful this month. What day next week is your Skype meeting? I had my third session of acupuncture last night, I don't know if I am sold on it 100% but she seems to think that if I am not pregnant in 4 months that I will need IVF ..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shellzand we have our Skype meeting 10am Monday. I totally get the anxiety. I get it quite bad too and dp is always trying to remind me not to think too much or get too far ahead of myself and to focus on the things we can control. I find the acupuncture and the Chinese herbs help my anxiety. It's funny, despite being told we pretty much have no chance in conceiving naturally I still think it might happen every new month, so far no luck. It's o day today so crossing fingers and toes. It will be a miracle if it does.