+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah there's no trend you are right! How long have you been TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    12 months ttc. We were lucky in that our dr let us do all the tests at 6 month ttc and at 9 month we were seeing a fs. I know. Lot of dr won't send you for tests until 12 months of trying. How long have you been trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 28 husband 31, we haven't been using any protection for the last 5 years however he was working FIFO. The last 12-18 months we have gotten serious. I have had most tests conducted through our GP, however he has nothing left to give now. My husbands analysis was al good, so I really think it's me. So much pressure! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 39 DP 40. We have been TTC for over two years. We are very healthy and fit, in the unexplained category. Started IUI last November BFN, ivf Feb 2017, BFN. IUI right now, see how it goes. Fingers crossed 🤞

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Applemummy For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There I hope your having a good weekend, what does IUI involved!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @shellzand the short version is they take a sperm sample, wash it and get rid of the not so good sperm and then using a small tube insert the clean sperm back up into the uterus, bypassing the vagina, which is where most of the sperm dies before reaching the uterus. It's a technique to help the sperm reach the egg, but I think you have to show some fertility issues before it can be done. Let me know if you have any specific questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Hi @shellzand I think you have to show some fertility issues before it can be done. Let me know if you have any specific questions
    You can access IUI if you have unexplained infertility as well. It's the amount Medicare refund that depends on if there is a infertility cause found (you get a lot back straightaway) or if it's deemed unexplained (you get very little or nothing back until you've had 3 failed IUI's).

In addition to what Kylez83 has said, IUI normally happens in conjunction with using drugs to increase egg quality &/or quantity, plus a trigger shot so O happens at the same time as the IUI. Sometimes the trigger shot isn't used if you ovulate by yourself but really depends on the FS. The FS also monitors the cycle with blood tests & scans. From memory it increases your chances of falling pregnant 15-20% over trying naturally.

What drugs are used depends on what issues are found or what procedures the FS uses. For us we were really lucky and got a BFP for our 1st & 2nd IUIs (1st ended in mc). We weren't so lucky with a different FS when trying for #2, 4xIUIs all BFN. Only difference was they wouldn't let me use the trigger shot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls! @babybump08 where are you located?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kylez83... what can I expect to happen during our first appointment with a fertility expert? Can you give me a bit of an idea pls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzand View Post
    Thanks girls! @babybump08 where are you located?
    Brisbane