Closed Thread
Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys, I've tried researching into it, and apparently in Australia a doctor has the right to deny treatment for moral reasons. I did know that he doesn't prescribe birth control, but I didn't even think a doctor would oppose an NT scan.
    @ELM13 - Is the counsellor only there if its bad news, or good news as well? I'm getting the NT scan at the hospital. How long does it take for the results? I would prefer to get the results from them/the counsellor, but I know my friend said she had to go back to the GP for her results. I don't really want the results from a random doctor that I don't know...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

mish239  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, has anyone experienced brown spotting? Came home and noticed it this afternoon, it was too late to call my ob

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Snoopa I had spotting about 48hrs ago at 7 weeks 1 day. It was brown and i was due to see doc next day so i thought ill wait. I woke up an hr later to find a few brighter red blotches and i panicked and went to the emergency. They reassured me that miscarriage highly unlikely as not accompanied by pain. They took my beta which was great and sent me home to see doc next day. There was a bit more brown spotting when i got home. Next day i had a scan that found a med sized haematoma (subchorionic haematoma). It happens in 1 in 4 pregnancies and not everyone bleeds. Its the most common reason for bleeding in pregnancy. Usually it goes away by itself. My advice is don't panic. Have an ultrasound tomorrow and speak to the doc. Even if the bleeding gets heavier for a while it is probably still ok. My bleeding came back heavier after seeing the doc and scan so this morning i had another scan for reassurance. The haematoma has emptied and should start to dissolve and the baby has grown 1mm and heartbeat 161! If you are really concerned go to a hospital that will give you a scan. Some dont have maternity and some wont do a scan even if they do as far as i understand. I know it is so scary. I feel like i have been through an ordeal and i am resting in bed for the next few weeks, not lifting anything heavy etc. Not taking anything for granted. I just want this haematoma to go away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frances3 For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's really scary @Snoopa! Doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong, but just take it easy if you can. I had a couple of pink spotting episodes and a little brown spotting in between at 6 and 7 weeks, but still going strong at nearly 11 weeks and haven't had any more since then. I was lucky that the ED I went to initially were very understanding and did a scan because I hadn't had one at 6 weeks so they needed to rule out ectopic, and I was booked for my 7 week scan anyway just a couple of hours after the second lot.

It's hard not to stress, but as Frances said it's very common.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance @Frances3. I just got back from the GP. He didn't seem overly concerned either. He offered a blood test but said it would give no real value. It's such crap timing because we're off on holidays tomorrow to somewhere a bit remote. Honestly, I think I'd rather be unaware then get a blood test and have to worry about it all week. Why is this so difficult. I'd like to just enjoy it but finding it hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amywillo86 View Post
    thanks guys, I've tried researching into it, and apparently in Australia a doctor has the right to deny treatment for moral reasons. I did know that he doesn't prescribe birth control, but I didn't even think a doctor would oppose an NT scan.
    @ELM13 - Is the counsellor only there if its bad news, or good news as well? I'm getting the NT scan at the hospital. How long does it take for the results? I would prefer to get the results from them/the counsellor, but I know my friend said she had to go back to the GP for her results. I don't really want the results from a random doctor that I don't know...
    I went to Sydney ultrasound for women for both pregnancies. First one we saw the counsellor after the NT scan who gave us the low risk results and with the second we saw one at the harmony test who walked us through the testing. I got the results over the phone so I don't think I needed to see someone after my NT because I already had the results.

I'm not sure how other places work sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thought I would update the roll call with some of the newest due dates.

*** Roll Call ***

Positive vibes - 1 Sep
    ELM13 - 4 Sep *Surprise!* Sibling for DS
    Mish239 - 28 Sep *Surprise!*
    Lotsathoughts - 30 Sep *Its a Boy!* Sibling for DD
    Exilius - 1 Oct Sibling for DD
    Zimbaby - 5 Oct Sibling for DS
    MrsBMum2Be - 9 Oct
    endo85 - 12 Oct
    Amywillo86 - 13 Oct
    Bubbletrouble - 15 Oct Sibling for DD
    Willowglen - 27 Oct Sibling for DS
    Cozkate - 4 Nov
    Frances3 - 7 Nov
    WishnHope - 14 Nov Sibling for DS
    Foodie - 15 Nov
    Snoopa - 16 Nov
    BEARD88 - 17 Nov
    sibling for DS
    Cococool - 25 Nov

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (24-03-2017),Willowglen  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had the NT scan done today and all looked really good so we'll take a chance and skip the Harmony test. Baby was waving around frantically. Tried to get a look at babies bits but sonographer wasn't confident enough to hazard a guess. So we wait some more ☺

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimbaby For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (25-03-2017),Foodie  (26-03-2017),Wishnhope  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Looks like ill be leaving this thread, just woke up now at 1am, 6wks on my Birthday and im bleeding.
    Happy Birthday to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BEARD88 oh no this is awful can you go see a gp to be sure? Many women bleed and its ok 😢😢 could be a hematoma? Oh gosh i cant imagine how your feeling