Closed Thread
Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad to hear bubs is all good @mesBMum2be. Was yours a fresh or frozen transfer? When I had my 12 week scan the lady said my overies looked really settled and I had a FET. I remember after my last collection my overies were in pain for weeks. It's great yours are reducing in size

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @mish239 its a big relief seeing the little one kicking around after having pain thats for sure! Mine was a fresh cycle, was my first ever one so had no idea what to expect. I wasnt hyper stimulated after the pick up just once the baby implanted 😊 oh really? I hope my continue to improve! They are quite sore today from the pushing around with the ultrasound but the Dr has instructed me to have a 'sniff' of some endone and see if that will settle it 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my doctor yesterday to get a referral for my NT scan next week, and he refused. He said it was against his moral beliefs. He basically said the only reason to get the NT scan was so you have the chance to have an abortion if something is wrong. He is against abortion so therefore refused to refer me. This doctor is an obstetrician too, so it quite shocked me and was a waste of my time. I took time off work to go to this appointment! He gave me a general check up as well, but still. He made me feel quite guilty for even wanting the scan.

I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation - I am hoping I never have to find out - but I think you should know all the facts so you can prepare yourself either way! Now I have to go to some random GP to get my referral/results which is quite annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillow86 wow I can't believe the dr said that! We wouldn't abort no matter the outcome but I still want the 12 week scan! It checks for other things too that may require closer monitoring or intervention. Plus some people want to know the outcome so they can prepare. It doesn't mean they will all abort if there's a problem. That's a very unusual attitude for a dr to have! I must admit I am undecided about the harmony test for that very reason but it's still the couple's choice!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo87 that is terrible that your dr is like that. My ob didn't give me a choice due to my age and it does test for other things and not just downs. It tests for Edwards syndrome and patue syndrome - not 100% sure of the names but my dr told me the last 2 things are pretty much a death sentence for the baby.
    How close minded of him, we never said we would have an abortion if we came back high risk for downs but it means you can do further testing and be prepared. I'm not sure of your age but you may not be in the high risk category and the 1st trimester bloods and scan may be all you need. My dr only insisted because I'm 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 31, so I'm not considered high risk. I'm not getting the harmony test, but I want the NT scan and bloods. He basically said the 7 week and 20 week scans are the only scans I should need. He said that the 20 week scan would also pick up abnormalities, without the option for abortion which is why he's against the 12 week scan. If anything, I just want to see the baby and make sure it is still alive! Checking for abnormalities is important to me as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's your choice @amywillo86 not his. It's a shame he isnt professional enough to see that. You were asking him for a scan not to perform an abortion!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 I'm absolutely shocked by your doctor's attitude. Fine if he's not willing to perform an abortion, but to deny you screening procedures? So unprofessional in my book, I'd be inclined to find out where to report him for that. At this stage the patient is the mother, so it's whatever is in her best interests, informed by her choices.

We've had the Harmony test done this week, but I'm still having a 12 week scan because it can help identify any other issues such as brain development. It's a good baseline to have when you do go for the 20 week scan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shocked too @amywillo86! I can't believe he said that. They have counsellors to talk through the results with you as well. I wonder if there's some kind of obstetrics board you could report him too. It's not fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a revolting attitude for a medical professional to have @amywilllo86! No matter his beliefs its your body and your choice, whether or not abortion is on the cards is irregardless!

Im getting both done (harmony and NT) as we have had a baby with Turners Syndrome who we lost at 9 weeks (we didnt get the testing done untill after she passed) from what we were told its a horrible existence if they survive! I couldn't do that to a child.