Closed Thread
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Snoopa congrats!! That is fantastic!
    @bubbletrouble good luck with your scan tomorrow.
    @Wishnhope I decided to go private as I am just a bit neurotic about this pregnancy! But I was on the fence and nearly went with the community midwifery program which looks amazing.

Slightly less neurotic today after I got my 2nd hCG results and they were really good (3500 from 204). My progesterone has halved though in one week, after they took me off the pessaries, so now they have me urgently back on them at 3 times my previous dose! 400mg 3 times a day (can't wait to do it at work!!). Wish they had just let me stay on them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Foodie great results!
    @Wishnhope we are going public and did last time. I had such a lovely GP last time who used to be an ob but she has now left unfortunately. I have applied for the midwife clinic my local hospital runs but it's pretty hard to get into. Otherwise it will just be shared care with another GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news about the hcg @Foodie Hope the extra progesterone kicks in soon.
    @Wishnhope we went public with a one on one midwife and loved it last time. If we were still in Syd we'd go back with her.
    This time we're private. I'm thankful for the weekly scans with my anxiety. We're very lucky we saved a round of IVF this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Snoopa good news with the scan today, keep growing baby @bubbletrouble enjoy seeing Squeak tomorrow.

Has any one had high thiroid amounts? Went to go today as UTI was terrible this morning and she advised thiroid levels too high. Hcg not high enough and booked for urgent scan tomorrow. I'm freaking out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cozkate For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No experience with thyroid issues @cozkate , but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a reassuring scan for you tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope we'll go private again this time. I had a few issues during late pregnancy last time and it's made me too nervous to try public. I just want what I know and someone that knows me and what went down so we can be fully on top of things and prevent it from happening again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going private, I never really thought about going public and I'm glad. A girl at work is public and around 10 weeks pregnant and she has had bleeding twice and each time he gp just gives her a BT to check levels, doesn't do a scan or anything, I'm not sure I could handle that, I've pretty much had scans every week since week 7. I'd be mega stressed without them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017

Nice to see a variety of maternity care, Ive attempted to get the community midwife program but they dont come to my local hospital. Strange since its a lovely new hospital and the only one for a good 30 mins. Oh well.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 21-03-2017 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have everything crossed for you @cozkate xx

We are also going private again. My fs is my ob and feel safe knowing she knows my history. Second Bub = discount! Ha of $400 not much off a $4k management fee. And what do I have private health cover for if I don't use it?!

DH and I haven't heard the best things about our local public one either so that made the decision easier the first time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I received the paperwork from the antenatal clinic when I got home from work and I'm peeved they didn't read the referral properly! My doc asked them to give me an early appt in first trimester so I could be advised on weaning off some of the drugs, but they've made my first appt around 17 weeks Luckily I already have a doctor's appt booked tomorrow so I can get some new scripts, so hopefully she can do something about it. Not a great start to my experience of the public system