Closed Thread
Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @amywillo86 we have said we will be finding out but who knows what we will be like when we actually can find out haha 😊 also you can definitely request another scan based on nerves, absolutely!! 😊 if it will make you feel better then absolutely ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BEARD88 welcome aboard and congrats!!! Thats fantastic news!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 I'm not sure to be honest although the lack of cramping is a good sign 😊 you could ring your ob and ask the question maybe? Might make you feel better anyway xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Firstly I want to congratulate everyone here!!
    I am tentatively joining you if that's ok. A bit of background on me:
    We're dealing with mfi and our 2nd fresh ivf was successful in Oct but had a mmc in Dec with a d&c. 3rd fresh ivf cycle started in Feb. We got our first ever 5 day transfer on 28th Feb. We got a bfp on a stick on 11dp5dt. I just had an appt with my fs today and she got me to do a blood test. Results are back with HCG of 4970. Fs wants me to bring my scan forward 2 weeks to next week (by my calculations, I'll be barely 6 weeks). The receptionist said the fs wasn't concerned and was pleased with the HCG. I am quietly ****ting myself... Should I be alarmed with HCG this high? We only had one embryo transferred back.

Dr google isn't my friend....

Thanks ladies, looking forward to being a part of this group ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 To be honest, I've been really slack! I keep meaning to make an appointment with him, but I've just been so busy with work. I've had a bit of time off with the 2 IVFs in the last few months, so I'm trying to get back in the good books. I just rung up and made an appointment, but he's not available for another 10 days.I might go to my GP to request a scan in the meantime - I don't wanna wait that long!
    @Snoopa - Congratulations! That is a very high HCG.... twins may be on the cards! But from what I've read, it's not the HCG levels themselves, it's about how fast they increase. Are they going to give you another blood test? The only way to really know for sure is via ultrasound though, which is probably why they pushed it forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Snoopa and congratulations!

I have no clue of you need to be alarmed or not but just try and think about it that high is better than low.
    @amywillo86 I know it's so hard trying to fit everything in and stay on top at work! IVF can mean you do take a bit of time off work and when your trying hard to hide what your doing from people it's even harder. I'm lucky my ob is only about 5 min from where I work so I try and do appointments at lunch time or late afternoon.

Go to the gp and get a scan, you don't want to be stressing for 2 weeks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Yeah I've got another blood test on Monday and ultrasound is on Monday too. I guess I'll know more then. I hate waiting!!!

@amywillo86 I got another scan referral last time from my gp because she knew I was anxious. Stress is far worse on you. Better to have peace of mind! Perhaps I should take my own advice lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay @Snoopa Congrats and Welcome!! That sounds like a high HCG but like others said might not be twins just a nice strong bubba! What day BT was that value from?
    @BEARD88 and @Snoopa can I have your est due dates so I can add to the roll call while I remember!
    @mish239 good luck for your scan tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Yay @Snoopa Congrats and Welcome!! That sounds like a high HCG but like others said might not be twins just a nice strong bubba! What day BT was that value from?
    @BEARD88 and @Snoopa can I have your est due dates so I can add to the roll call while I remember!
    @mish239 good luck for your scan tomorrow!!
    Thanks! BT was today = 16dp5dt
    Google tells me my due date should be 16th Nov πŸ˜†
    I sincerely hope this one sticks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So thats 5 weeks @Snoppa? My 5 week on Tuesday BT HCG levels were 4110 so I wouldnt be too worried. Seems fairly normal for the date range