Closed Thread
Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Willowglen don't stress about weight atm. When I had ms I could only eat greasy and salty foods. I gained 2kg in just a few weeks. Since it cleared up I've been eating well and walking again and am back to 0.8kg above prepregnancy (I'm obese so advised to aim for 0-5kg gain with a max healthy gain of 9kg)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome. I am so anxious at the moment and scared my bfp lines aren't getting darker. I know its early days but I am so nervous waiting for my first BT on Monday. The clinic won't move it forward. Also they are making me take 2 days off progesterone prior to my BT, even though they know I am pregnant. I asked to get another prescription to keep taking it but they said I need to see how my body produces it on my own, as they don't want me on progesterone unless I need it. I am really worried about. Is this normal? Could it harm my pregnancy? I know I need to just relax and enjoy the moment but it seems impossible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Foodie seems odd but I guess they know what they're doing and if your levels drop they definitely put you back on.
    Im on pessaries till 12 weeks no matter what, they might drop me down to 1 (currently on 2 daily) depending if my levels stay super high.

Has anyone named their bubba yet? Last time we found out the gender early (boy) and bubs was nicknamed JJ as DH's name starts with J for J... Jnr.

This time Ive been calling it penguin (dunno why) but DH doesnt like it since thats the villain from Gotham! Haha not sure what it'll end up with.

AFM yuk feeling unless I am eating has begun!! Nice to be feeling something

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Foodie  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope ours is Gunter (the penguin from Adventure Time). We also have a name sorted already, one for each sex. Our daughter was BMo (the cute games console from Adventure Time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My belly bean is nicknamed Squeak ☺

Actually woke up feeling half human today! Still major nausea but managing to keep everything travelling in the right direction so far.

Last time I was pregnant with DD I gained 3kg in the first trimester because fatty, salty carbs was about the only thing I could happily eat! My Ob was concerned because weight gain should be minimal at the moment, but once I was feeling better and could eat a well balanced diet it was fine and I gained 12kg all up. I was back to pre-pregnancy weight in 5 weeks too. Hoping to keep my gain under 10kg this time since I've heard second time around can be more difficult to lose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours is baby fat haha because hubby calls me chunky butt so it was a step down 😊😆 cracks me up when he says it!

Im going for a scan this arvo, had some left sided IF discomfort so they just want to investigate it but on the upside its another peak in on bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    @amywillo86 your symptoms are pretty much what I've got. I never get full blown MS, just nausea at different points. When's your next scan?
    I have had the odd wave of feeling sick in the stomach (usually when I'm hungry) but it passes pretty quickly! I guess it's just not what I expected! I just booked my NT scan for the 31st of March (12 weeks exactly). It just seems so far away! I also signed up for a Case Load Midwife - is anyone else doing this? I am friends with a midwife at my local hospital and she has suggested it.
    Last edited by amywillo86; 08-03-2017 at 15:13.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yah I'm keeping food down! Woo hoo
    @Foodie every cycle my clinic made me stop progesterone prior to my official BT.
    With this BFP I stayed off it until about 2 weeks after my official BFP and then my weekly BT showed my progesterone had dropped so they put me back on it. Don't panic that they make you stop, if it's like my clinic you will have weekly bt's until you get to 7 weeks and they do a scan to check all is good

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

Foodie  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Foodie hopefully it means you can stay off them! I'm on 3 a day and it's so annoying with work/a toddler!

I think you will all understand my concern with weight gain when I tell you I put on 26kgs last time! And after 2 years I still hasn't lost it all! (About 5kgs to go). I'm one of those people that has to watch what I eat and exercise otherwise I put on so easily. I've already put on 2kgs at 6 weeks. I'm trying not to stress too much though and keep meals healthy even if snacks aren't great.
    @mish239 I'm glad you're feeling better!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Foodie  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay for feeling a little better @mish239
    @Willowglen I understand your concern I gained 17kgs first time round and Im a much smaller build than you! A naughty snack everyone once and a while hopefully wont hurt

Perth ladies!! @mish239 @Foodie @Zimbaby
    Where is the cheapest you have found Progesterone Pessaries?? I need to refill my script and really dont want to pay $70 for 30 again