Closed Thread
Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,
    I recognize some names in here, so firstly congrats on graduating to a dig! Wonderful to see you're all expecting and fingers crossed for a smooth, event free journey ahead.
    I've got a bit of a favour to ask, but first I'll explain my story.
    I have an almost 3yo DD from an ICSI cycle back in Sydney in 2013. At that stage the only issue was blocked tubes due to endometriosis. I had the dye test and nothing went through.
    In Nov 2015 I started tests to try for number two in my home state. This new clinic found out that I also have PCOS. March 2016 we used our frozen embie that was still in Syd. BFN.
    May/June we did a full stim cycle. Most of my eggs disintegrated during ICSI. Put a 4day embie back, BFN.
    July/August we tried another full stim cycle this time on different drugs. Fertilisation rate was much higher and we got a few frosties. We put one 5d embie back in and I got a BFP!! At 7 weeks we had a heartbeat. Then at 9 weeks it had stopped
    So after a D&C which revealed chromosomal issues, we tested our remaining embryos. We had 3 normal and one abnormal. The others came back inconclusive.
    So in Oct/Nov we used one of our PGS embryos in an FET that went forever. And another BFN. This time we needed a break. We had a few months off to regenerate and in Jan we collected our drugs for our next medicated FET in Jan/Feb. At that appointment I asked for a bt to check that I'd ovulated as I'd been on Dong quai to help with my Estrogen levels. Anyway I had, so was considering a natural FET.
    So the week before my AF I woke up with cramps and aches. So I did a POAS and it was positive! Immediately I thought it must be an ectopic. I also had a fever as I woke with a really sore throat. So had to go on antibiotics because if this squinter was real I didn't want a throat infection to stop it from growing.
    Last week's BT's
    Wednesday (3+5) HCG 38
    Thursday (3+6) HCG 99
    Sat (4wks) HCG 159
    I'll get today's bt results tonight at 6pm.
    The plan is to get weekly bts and an early scan to determine a viable pregnancy. They say they should be able to tell with the HCG numbers.

So basically I'm in shock that this could be real. And yes this is technically a natural pregnancy so I don't belong here. But I also don't feel like I belong in the other Dig. I feel like whilst this isn't an IVF bub, I'm an IVF mum. And I still don't think I'd be up to reading about people who look at their husbands and fall pregnant.

Back to the favour...just wondering if I could join this group? But totally understandable if anyone feels uncomfortable. I would hate to intrude. But I'd also like to share this journey with likeminded people who understand the struggle of infertility. Part of me feels like I wouldn't be here long because it's an untested embryo! 🤣 But that's the memory of my mc coming back.

Ok, up to you guys xxx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (29-01-2017),exilius  (27-01-2017),positive vibes  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a journey @lotsathoughts
    You are a very strong woman. Very happy for you to join hun
    Fingers crossed this is a strong embie. When would you be due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts welcome to the group and congratulations! You have been so much and deserve for this to happen! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

I'm 9 weeks and petrified something is going to go wrong. I had a super strong heartbeat 167 at 8 weeks but that seems so far away now. I will be so happy when our baby is in our arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ELM13 and @positive vibes I really appreciate that. I'll have that message up there so that future members can have their input too if they'd like.

According to google, a rough estimate would give me a due date of September 30th.
    Saying that I don't know exactly when I ovulated as I've never had to worry about ovulation. I'm just going on a 28 day cycle as that's what I had the month before.

Can totally relate to the petrified feeling that something will go wrong. If only we could get scans weekly! It's a great sign you had a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks tho. @positive vibes

For me what's keeping me slightly sane is the fact that I'm really tired. Yesterday something hormonal must have kicked into gear because I had to go to sleep at 7:30! Also I get the shakes if I don't eat regularly enough. Still I'm freaking out that my numbers from my bt won't be high enough tonight. Time will tell

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG 2145 today
    He seems happy with that.
    Getting another bt and scan on Saturday. Then results on Sunday. I don't know how I feel. It's doubling every 38.36 hours according to google. Is that slowing down too much? I'm used to faster doubling with IVF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a great number @lotsathoughts !!
    Stay away from dr google!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-01-2017),positive vibes  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *** Roll Call ***

Positive vibes - 1 Sep
    ELM13 - 4 Sep
    Mish239 - 28 Sep
    Lotsathoughts - 30 Sep
    Exilius - 1 Oct

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

exilius  (27-01-2017),lotsathoughts  (27-01-2017),positive vibes  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    That's a great number @lotsathoughts !!
    Stay away from dr google!
    Great advice! 🏼

I certainly feel pregnant. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open but I'm really hungry. Had an early dinner at 5 so we could see the doc. Think it's time for my second dinner

Thanks for the roll call xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the roll call @ELM13 we are due so close together Have you heard about the Harmony test you can get at 10weeks? Are you going to do it? I am such a worrier but think I will pass as it's an extra $400. Might as well just wait the extra 2 weeks.
    @lotsathoughts seems like great HCG results to me! My clinic tested me once (to confirm pregnancy) then I didn't have anything until the 7 week scan. It was torture not knowing if everything was going to plan. I think if the results are doubling beautifully just try and relax and enjoy it. And yes stay away from google. Haha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to positive vibes For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PositiveVibes I'm going to be doing the nipt (not sure which one is offered in SA) as my nephew was born with a genetic disorder that ended up taking his life, plus with so many early losses we know my eggs aren't great quality.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to exilius For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (28-01-2017)