ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Back to freaking out, just went to the toilet and when I wiped there is blood, it's like just before my period usually comes. I have had a little bit of cramping this afternoon but though that might be because of the scan. Should I be worried?? I don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 I had brown spotting on and off around week 7. I have heard it's quite common to get spotting after an ultrasound. Was it internal? Try not to worry. If it's just spotting it can be normal. Have an early night and try not to stress. Remember your Bub was perfect today and if something was wrong surly it was would show x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great results @mish239 and @Endo85!!!

The bloat struggle is real!! Nighttime is the worst.
    @mish239 did you have an internal scan? Just see how you go overnight. The scan could've irritated the cervix. If you're concerned in the morning, give the clinic a call and ask their advice xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Endo85  (14-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone started telling family/friends yet, or are you waiting until the 3 month mark? We haven't told a lot of people, but we have told our parents/siblings. DH's mother is just being a bit funny about it. When we told her, she basically just said that she didn't want to know about it until after 3 months. I just find it quite offensive, like she is expecting me to miscarriage. I would understand if I had multiple miscarriages, but my issue is getting pregnant, not staying pregnant (as far as we know). And what if I do miscarriage? Is she just going to act like I was never pregnant? She hasn't reacted that way to her other children being pregnant, even early on. I wonder if it's because I went through IVF so she feels like it's not real? I know I'm still really early, and in the danger zone, but I would have thought she would still be happy for us. Just wondering if anyone else has had this reaction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 that is a weird reaction from the MIL! You can't change how she thinks or acts so no use worrying about it. Weird that she was different with her other children though. We told our family as we found out of Xmas eve and it would have been so obvious if I didn't have a drink! I never say no to a glass of bubbles. They were the opposite - got way too excited and it really freaked me out. I have been in self preservation mode trying not to get too ahead of myself after so much disappointment. We will probably announce at 14 weeks if all is good with the scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you @mish239 xx hope all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 we told close family after the second beta and then started to tell a few others after the 7 week scan and I told work after the harmony test last week. We'll tell extended family next week when I'll be 12 weeks. With my DS I didn't put anything on fb until 20 weeks.
    That is a good weird reaction from your MIL, very insensitive of her.
    When we first started IVF my FIL made a comment about who had the problem, I said me and he said oh so not our side, that's good. well thanks for that! Makes me feel so great! They just don't think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies so no more bleeding which is good. I'm feeling pretty rotten today so that is another good sign. I've made an appointment with my gp so I can get a note to stay home from work and relax today, I feel I just need a day to rest.
    @amywillo86 we have told our immediate family but that is it. They are super excited to know and we figured if things do go wrong we would need their support anyway x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I understand not running out to buy clothes/setting up the nursery etc until you are further along, but I'm not going to miss out on being excited about my first pregnancy "just in case"! I have always wanted her to be in the delivery room, but now I am re-thinking that decision... she may not be the best support person.
    @mish239 That is so exciting about your first scan! I'm sure the bleeding was just a bit of irritation from the scan (assuming it was a vaginal scan?). Can't wait for my scan! How far along are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 I've always been clear that it's a shared diagnosis, not his, not mine. I'd have clocked your FIL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exilius For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (14-02-2017),ELM13  (14-02-2017)