Closed Thread
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so confused by prams also @Snoopa. I thought I wanted one that has the capsule that can go from car to pram but then I've heard bubs shouldn't be in the capsule for to long anyway and I think I want a bassinet one so bubs will hopefully sleep in it. We know this is pretty much our one and only child so don't want to spend overboard but want to make sure I get one that suits bubs for getting out and about.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (16-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a capsule through a hire company for $70! It's 2011 model so still good, I'm going to check it out on Thursday and then decide. For me it's more so convenience with a toddler. I didn't find I needed it with my first though and I'll still use the bassinet for walks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Snoopa some people absolutely swear by hugely expensive prams, but we paid less than $300 for ours on special and I love it. A big selling point to me was the reversible handle so I could have bub facing me or out, but you need to check that the pram can steer properly both ways - the wheel setup on some of them means the steering is very limited!

I initially thought I wanted to get a "travel system" but after picking up a few in the stores I found them really heavy, without even adding another 3kg or more worth of baby in the capsule. Really, really personal choice so you've just got to figure out what works best for you.

If you plan on going jogging or a lot of "off path" stuff then apparently a 3 wheel pram is best, but I don't have this issue :P

I would definitely recommend getting a thing which you can put a drink in for yourself, and some pram hooks for hanging bags.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (16-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That what I was thinking - I'd like one that baby can face me when little but then turn when they're bigger. I know what you mean about the weight. We picked up a couple in the shop and we thought they were heavy even without the baby in it!

DH was even pointing out the hand break or foot break. Foot break can be hard on your feet when wearing thongs! My mind is boggled and it's only a pram...

Looks like there's a bit of research to be done!

What is a capsule for? Is that for in the car? Such a noob but I love it 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! 'Think King' hooks are so good!

Yep capsule is for the car. It sits in a base and clips in and out. Can last until Bub is 6-9 mths depending on their size.

And pick up a mirror to put on the backseat headrest facing Bub so you can see them from your rear view mirror

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 great suggestion with the mirror, such a simple thing but definitely helped put my mind at ease.
    @Snoopa it depends on the type of foot brake - mine just has a long bar and super easy to push down even with bare feet. Check out the weight of the prams too, some can be suprisingly heavy when you try to lug it into your boot! Some come apart instead of folding up in one piece, personally I think that would be a pain to have to put together all the time, when I just pull mine out and basically give it a flick to open. Once bub is a bit older I also found it handy to have an umbrella stroller for quick trips or times you need a bit more boot space.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (17-04-2017),Snoopa  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah choosing a pram is no easy decision! I have the baby jogger city mini gt. Didn't use the bassinet just put DS in it with a newborn headrest and he slept fine. It only faces out but I never found this an issue. I walk on grass a lot so wanted a 3 wheel and I love it. Only downside is you can't add another seat if you're having more than one. Same as @bubbletrouble we now use an umbrella stroller which is a lot lighter and smaller in the boot. DS still fits in the big pram no problems though. We didn't use a capsule with the first and I'm glad because DS wasn't little and would have only lasted 3 months in it! I do think it will be good for number 2 having a toddler though.
    Definitely go and try the prams out and think about what will suit your lifestyle. Oh and shop around! I got mine online from NZ and it was $150 cheaper than stores here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes prams can be full on. Just visit baby shops lots of times and as you go you'll know what you want. Each time I learnt something new about what I wanted by asking questions and trying them out.

I had the worst night ladies!!! After talking about how good I was feeling I was up every hour and a half and of course then I need to go to the toilet. I started freaking out that I possibly have gestational diabetes because I ate cake yesterday made me feel awful and sugar has done that to me the last week. And all the toilet trips messed with my mind. I'll be lucky if I got a couple of hours sleep!! I feel yuck 🤢

On a nicer note, 3 years ago I was getting my first contractions for my DD who was born in the early hours of the 18th. What a blessing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also have the city mini gt and we love it. Same as Willowglen, never had a bassinet, just used a newborn head support thingy but we did have a capsule for a while too. Also never found it an issue the bub faced away from me. It has a MASSIVE canopy which was key for me and a tall back rest which meant it would last height-wise for ages past other options at the time. DH and I often concur while on a walk that it was the best choice we made. I'm picking up an EZ Rider today off gumtree for DS to use when bub arrives. We have no intention of buying a double or an umbrella pram. The skateboards are not the most comfortable on long walks as you can't easily walk behind your pram, but I'd still prefer that to a big bulky double.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zimbaby For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah Prams! So many choices and lots of good info above @Snoopa!
    We have a Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan. The seat is reversible (rather than the handle) and the seat can become a bassinet so I didnt need to buy an extra one or use a capsule. Like many of the others I wasnt keen on how heavy the capsule was without a baby and I have huge babies (4+kgs) so I wasnt lifted that in and out of our Kluger!
    The only thing I like to mention with new parents is; Walk with your pram and I mean property around the shop, you and your partner. Im 5"4 DH is 6"3 and having a pram that suited his stride and mine was difficult.

Very much agree with learning how heavy and easy it is to collapse your pram before buying. Ive watched new parents standing and staring at the pram trying to decide how to dismantle it before leaving shopping centres! And if you have a small boot or higher vehicle this will all come into play with your pram choice.

Good Luck!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Snoopa  (17-04-2017)