Closed Thread
Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't wait to feel it @Zimbaby!

I haven't asked my ob @MrsBMum2be, I'm always
    So excited when I go to see that everything is going well I forget! I'm just putting all my pain down to growing pains now. They are worse when I'm on my feet for long periods or being to active. The pain I've had on my left side I've had pretty
    much since I got my BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    What does it feel like when the baby moves? I don't know what to look out for. My ob said not to expect to feel movement until about 19 - 20 weeks due to my placenta being on the front so adding extra padding.
    My placenta was at the front with DD and I started feeling her move around 14-15 weeks. Everyone is different, but to begin with I felt like someone was lightly brushing a finger on the inside of my belly, it was so weird! After a few more weeks it felt like something swimming inside me, hence she was nicknamed "Squid" for a while. The kicks became very distinctive and there was definitely no doubting then what the feeling was

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really @bubbletrouble that gives me hope!!!! Im hanging out for a movement and was a bit disappointed when they said i may not feel them til late but ill be keeping a watch more now just incase!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh you all felt movement so early! With DS I swear I was 19/20 weeks easy.

For those on number 2, have you put much thought towards things you will be replacing or things you'd like to get that you didnt have first time? (Gender specific clothes and items are a given!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Gosh you all felt movement so early! With DS I swear I was 19/20 weeks easy.

For those on number 2, have you put much thought towards things you will be replacing or things you'd like to get that you didnt have first time? (Gender specific clothes and items are a given!)
    Those early movements can be easily missed (or mistaken for wind!), and you'll probably feel sooner this time around since you know what it feels like.

I haven't dragged out all the baby stuff just yet, but I think everything is still in pretty good condition so hopefully won't need to replace much! Having another girl will also make it easier with reusing clothes.

I would like to get some sort of structured carrier to make things easier when toddler wrangling. I'm not going to bother with a double pram since DD likes to walk most of the time, so I figured a carrier that's easy and quick to get on will come in handy in case she does get tired, then I can just carry bub and pop DD in the pram.

I've been thinking about some sort of swing or mummaroo if I can find one in good condition second hand, but apart from that the only thing we really need to worry about is getting 2 new car seats for DD. We alternate daycare pick ups so both our cars need to have seats for both of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I'm impressed at those that remember when they felt movement with the first! I can't even remember. I think it may have been around 18 weeks and I think it started with little flutters. I don't think I took much notice until it was more obvious. @Wishnhope I'm thinking a carrier this time which I didn't have before. Same as @bubbletrouble DS isn't in the pram enough to warrant buying a double so I think a carrier will work better. Also thinking I will replace my monitor because I absolutely hate my current one. Also a car seat . @bubbletrouble I'm envious, we alternate daycare pickups too but just take the seat out each time, I would love to have two! I'm thinking a capsule will be handy second time round but not sure I can justify the expense when they're in it such a short time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt movements around week 19/20 with DD. I also had an anterior placenta. I thought it felt like bubbles at first, a bit like wind. Felt them for the first time when I was in the bath and being really still.

I'd like to get a capsule this time around because we only got a car seat last time. I'm sure we'll be out and about more with number 2 as we have lots of activities and places we go to with DD. We had a hand-me-down baby carrier which had stretched so maybe we'd get a new one? Not sure yet.
    Also a skate board is a possibility for the pram but wouldn't buy that until close to the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We already have a carrier and DS is often in the stroller or walking.

The only things I can think of to replace are bottles etc.
    Along as its another boy I seriously dont need anything other than a carseat! Makes me sad though I loved buying all those bits and poor number 2 is going to be second hand everything! But O cant justify buying second new things when I already have a perfectly good one there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    We already have a carrier and DS is often in the stroller or walking.

The only things I can think of to replace are bottles etc.
    Along as its another boy I seriously dont need anything other than a carseat! Makes me sad though I loved buying all those bits and poor number 2 is going to be second hand everything! But O cant justify buying second new things when I already have a perfectly good one there.
    The baby won't know the difference! If I am lucky enough have more than one baby, I will be doing the same! My DH wants me to do 2nd hand for this baby (baby #1) but no, I won't do it! I've been imagining my nursery for years, and wishing I could go baby shopping. I don't want to miss out on that. Baby #2 (if I can) will be getting the hand me downs though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes will definitely need replacement bottles, etc, but I'm really hoping to have a more successful breastfeeding experience this time around.

I actually made a purchase for Squeak the other night. I got a big elephant floor pillow and these really cute fluffy elephant socks. I also got a little pink beaded bracelet with a little silver elephant for DD so she doesn't feel like she's missing out. I'm not normally that into elephants but the floor cushion looked handy and it took me to a page with other elephant stuff which was really cute!