+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be so upset coming home to that We've had family babysit so DH & I can have a date night, & I'm always soooo thankful for it... but then we come home at 11pm and I have to clear the dinner dishes off the table from 6 hours earlier and start cleaning up mess. It's horrible.

Could you start dropping comments to your mum like 'oh, we had a massive trail of ants in the house this morning... they keep finding crumbs to feast on!' or complain about finding mice. Then after you've said it a few times, say to your mum the next week 'because of our mice/ ants problem, we've had to implement an 'eating at the table only' rule' at home.

You could also make up a chart for the kids with routine things, and include some tasks on there like 'after lunch clean up toys' and 'before dinner clean up toys' - and say to your mum that you're implementing a bit of routine with the kids because they're old enough to start helping out more. Then maybe your mum can get on board with doing the chart with the kids? If the kids get to tick it off, they could get a reward at the end of the week for doing it? Then the kids might be asking Nanna about it, too It must be a really tough place to be in, good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What about putting the girls in daycare 2 days and your mum can just take them there?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-01-2017)