+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you take your indoor cat on holidays with you?

Do you take your cat/s on holidays? Not overseas or interstate, I mean holidays 1.5-2hr driving distance away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have indoor cats at the moment but have in the past and I wouldn't have taken them on holidays. Cats are such homebodies they don't really like going different places and I'd be too scared they'd run off if the door was left open or something trying to get home.

I'd be more inclined to get either a house sitter or someone who would come by to feed and clean up after once or twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Never. I get someone to feed/water and cuddle them while we are away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, mine stay home with someone to mind them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No we never take our cats. Never considered it. Cats are so territorial I think it wouldn't go well to uproot them and I'd be terrified they'd escape and we'd lose them. When we moved house our big tough 8kg male cat hid in the wardrobe for weeks
    When we go away just for a few days to a week we get someone to come and feed them daily and do their litter box. If we go away for longer we get someone to housesit as our cats like company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. What if the cat went to a regular spot? Like my mums?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We did once years ago when we lived in England. Took our indoor cat from London to Devon because it was over Christmas and we had no one to come and look after him. Spent most of the holiday hiding under the bed. When he finally settled in, we were off home again. Wouldn't do it again. (He was fine in the car though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I would to a regular spot and have. My cat isn't the standard though, he's Burmese and more like a dog. He loves the car and will roll around on the parcel shelf scratching his back while you're driving (I know he's meant to be safe in a box but I have driven him short distances). He used to go to my parents house a lot when I went away and I'd just carry him in and he'd flop on the floor and wait to be fed. So all depends on your cat? He's also indoors as well, with a cat run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Our cat comes with us for weekends at my Mums all the time she loves it. We just have to make sure all the doors stay closed so she doesn't get out but the minute we get her carrier out she is in it ready to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope we have an indoor burmese and wouldnt take her on holidays though we're lucky to have family nearby to pop in and fees her if we're away.

The only time she's been to another house is when we had peat control spraying so i took her to my mums for the recommended time frame