+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    OMG who do I have to root to get a mention in the damn Bugle?!

Kidding.

What about me?!?! I've already won a freakin award! Not.A.Single. Mention ! Not even a small acknowledgement!
    And not only "an award" but the priziest of award prizes. The "big one" or "the gong" if you will. The one that should be renamed from Diva to "TheGooch" in future polls.
    Clearly the journalists (and I use that term loosely!) at The Bugle care not for real talent

And in answer to your question @harvs I reckon if you "rooted" anyone on the hub that would be worth a mention but for absolute front page exposure might I suggest a Mod-harvs-Mod sandwich?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

amyd  (26-01-2017),gingermillie  (25-01-2017),harvs  (25-01-2017),mckel  (25-01-2017)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

I dunno about anything too physical (newly married Noms might be fighting off the offers) but I believe she is open to *ahem* contributions lets say .... to help pay for the wedding

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

harvs  (25-01-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (26-01-2017)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    What about me?!?! I've already won a freakin award! Not.A.Single. Mention ! Not even a small acknowledgement!
    And not only "an award" but the priziest of award prizes. The "big one" or "the gong" if you will. The one that should be renamed from Diva to "TheGooch" in future polls.
    Clearly the journalists (and I use that term loosely!) at The Bugle care not for real talent
    I can see it now...

✉ "...and the Goochiest hubber of 2017 is..." 🎉🎊🎈🎉

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @TheGooch and TheGong.
    I'll just leave it at that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-01-2017)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    The Bub Hub Bugle

More Aussie than Kath Day-Knight

BREAKING NEWS- NEW LOW!
    Des Perado, Bugle Reporter.

Long time members @harvs and @TheGooch are so desperate for a mention in this year's Bugle they resort to using thinly veiled threats and offering their body in return for their front page mentions.
    Harvs, (file photo) Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.47.52 pm.jpg
    was quoted yesterday at 7:42pm as saying "OMG who do I have to root to get a mention in the damn Bugle?" Although most were quick to see the funny side of this offer, some straight-laced members were so offended they quickly sent in reports to Modland and then jumped right on Facebook to chat about the behaviour in private groups.
    Although one could assume that Harvs came good with her threat or promise (depending on how one looks at it), since she is now front page news.
    Similarily, the Gooch (file photo) Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.53.47 pm.png
    flew off her handle when a new edition of the Bugle went to press yesterday, saying that she had not even had one mention this award's season despite being a certain for this year's DIVA award. Surely all can see the irony when it is noted that not only was The Gooch the leading story of the very first edition of the Bugle this year, but the fit that she threw, demanding her own front page story was most befitting of her Diva title.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.56.13 pm.jpg
    (A front page shot from the first edition of the Bugle this year, proving The Gooch to already have been mentioned)

In files left in the bin behind the Modland Lounge yesterday, it has been proven that The Gooch has been faxing through requests to the organisers of the awards, with demands getting more and more outlandish by the day. So far some of the requests include:
    Monday:

1 Large table for catering dressed with white tablecloths.
    Dressing room should be 78 degrees
    4 Brand New White Towels in bathroom (2 face & 2 body)
    Hot Food:
    Juicy Baked Chicken: Legs, Wings & Breast only (Please season with fresh garlic, season salt, black pepper, and Cayenne pepper HEAVILY SEASONED!!)
    Steamed Garlic Broccoli
    Lightly Seasoned Green Beans
    Lightly Seasoned Steamed Spinach
    TheGooch can only have Pepsi products.
    1 Case of Aquafina water (half cold, half room temperature)
    1 Hot Tea Set up (Please have NEW Coffee Pot)
    Sliced Lemons Wedges
    Rose scented candles
    Lighter for candles
    CD player
    Tuesday:
    12 Small bottles still (non-carbonated) spring water (at room temperature)
    1 Electric kettle for BOILING water

6 Large mugs for tea. All mugs should be new, washed and dried.
    6 metal teaspoons
    2 'Squeezy' bottles clear honey (not organic)
    1 Bottle very best quality red wine (Italian, French or Spanish)
    1 Assortment of chewing gum
    1 Pack Marlboro Light plus 1 disposable cigarette lighter
    1 Small selection fresh fruit, to include bananas, apples, grapes, fresh berries NO CITRUS FRUIT!
    1 Small plate of assorted freshly made, individually wrapped sandwiches, to include chicken salad. Sandwiches must NOT contain tomatoes, vinegar, chilli or citrus fruit

Wednesday:
    1 Tub Plain Yogurt for dipping
    4 small Yoplait Yogurt
    1 Bowl of assorted nuts
    1 Bowl of Sunkist Salted Pistachio Nuts (No Red colouring )
    2 Packs of Extra Chewing Gum
    1 Bottle of Hot Sauce (Tabasco, Caribbean Type)
    1 Box of Toothpicks
    1 750 ml bottle of Hennessey Liquor
    1 750 ml bottle of SKY or Absolut Vodka
    1 Bottle of Patron Silver Tequila
    4 Six Packs of Heineken Beer

And they just seem to get worse and worse. A member more worthy of their nomination this year could not be found.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-01-2017),gingermillie  (26-01-2017),Sabochan  (26-01-2017),TheGooch  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    The Bub Hub Bugle

More Aussie than Kath Day-Knight

BREAKING NEWS- NEW LOW!
    Des Perado, Bugle Reporter.

Long time members @harvs and @TheGooch are so desperate for a mention in this year's Bugle they resort to using thinly veiled threats and offering their body in return for their front page mentions.
    Harvs, (file photo) Attachment 88331
    was quoted yesterday at 7:42pm as saying "OMG who do I have to root to get a mention in the damn Bugle?" Although most were quick to see the funny side of this offer, some straight-laced members were so offended they quickly sent in reports to Modland and then jumped right on Facebook to chat about the behaviour in private groups.
    Although one could assume that Harvs came good with her threat or promise (depending on how one looks at it), since she is now front page news.
    Similarily, the Gooch (file photo) Attachment 88332
    flew off her handle when a new edition of the Bugle went to press yesterday, saying that she had not even had one mention this award's season despite being a certain for this year's DIVA award. Surely all can see the irony when it is noted that not only was The Gooch the leading story of the very first edition of the Bugle this year, but the fit that she threw, demanding her own front page story was most befitting of her Diva title.
    Attachment 88333
    (A front page shot from the first edition of the Bugle this year, proving The Gooch to already have been mentioned)

In files left in the bin behind the Modland Lounge yesterday, it has been proven that The Gooch has been faxing through requests to the organisers of the awards, with demands getting more and more outlandish by the day. So far some of the requests include:
    Monday:

1 Large table for catering dressed with white tablecloths.
    Dressing room should be 78 degrees
    4 Brand New White Towels in bathroom (2 face & 2 body)
    Hot Food:
    Juicy Baked Chicken: Legs, Wings & Breast only (Please season with fresh garlic, season salt, black pepper, and Cayenne pepper HEAVILY SEASONED!!)
    Steamed Garlic Broccoli
    Lightly Seasoned Green Beans
    Lightly Seasoned Steamed Spinach
    TheGooch can only have Pepsi products.
    1 Case of Aquafina water (half cold, half room temperature)
    1 Hot Tea Set up (Please have NEW Coffee Pot)
    Sliced Lemons Wedges
    Rose scented candles
    Lighter for candles
    CD player
    Tuesday:
    12 Small bottles still (non-carbonated) spring water (at room temperature)
    1 Electric kettle for BOILING water

6 Large mugs for tea. All mugs should be new, washed and dried.
    6 metal teaspoons
    2 'Squeezy' bottles clear honey (not organic)
    1 Bottle very best quality red wine (Italian, French or Spanish)
    1 Assortment of chewing gum
    1 Pack Marlboro Light plus 1 disposable cigarette lighter
    1 Small selection fresh fruit, to include bananas, apples, grapes, fresh berries NO CITRUS FRUIT!
    1 Small plate of assorted freshly made, individually wrapped sandwiches, to include chicken salad. Sandwiches must NOT contain tomatoes, vinegar, chilli or citrus fruit

Wednesday:
    1 Tub Plain Yogurt for dipping
    4 small Yoplait Yogurt
    1 Bowl of assorted nuts
    1 Bowl of Sunkist Salted Pistachio Nuts (No Red colouring )
    2 Packs of Extra Chewing Gum
    1 Bottle of Hot Sauce (Tabasco, Caribbean Type)
    1 Box of Toothpicks
    1 750 ml bottle of Hennessey Liquor
    1 750 ml bottle of SKY or Absolut Vodka
    1 Bottle of Patron Silver Tequila
    4 Six Packs of Heineken Beer

And they just seem to get worse and worse. A member more worthy of their nomination this year could not be found.
    Maybe they were reporting it because they wanted the answer to the question too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-01-2017)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    😂😂😂😂 brilliant! It's amazing what you can do when you're procrastinating getting ready for school, isn't it @Mod-Nomsie?!

Thanks for the mention! I was feeling like the invisible Kardashian for a while there...

So satisfied now 😎

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    ���������������� ������� brilliant! It's amazing what you can do when you're procrastinating getting ready for school, isn't it @Mod-Nomsie?!

Thanks for the mention! I was feeling like the invisible Kardashian for a while there...

So satisfied now ������

2FD05F9A00000578-3385232-image-m-20_1451999180281.jpg

??? This is you??

Procrastinating? I've been in to school and back already, I'll have you know! I only have to cut out 100 more brag tags, sort out class supplies, receive and sort children's supplies, put up more anchor charts and check on my team in the neighbouring room because god-help-me, I think they might be at war already.. who's procrastinating?!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @harvs an invisible kardashian?!?!? The internet might die!

And for the record @Mod-Nomsie et al, you forgot my cigarette holder. I cannot be expected to actually hold my cigarettes. I've just had my nails done! Either the holder turns up, or I'll need a minion to hold it ! Perhaps this minion mwah ha ha ha
    IMG_1485410693.024744.jpg
    IMG_1485410702.125129.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    brilliant! It's amazing what you can do when you're procrastinating getting ready for school, isn't it @Mod-Nomsie?!

So satisfied now
    Can you PLEASE update your avatar to reflect your file photo from the bugle article?