+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI - first time fertility treatment

Amazing news @kylez83 can't wait to hear how Monday goes!

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today! Should have been 12 weeks today and have also had 3 friends announce pregnancies this week.. 2 weeks to go till my fs appointment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shmish For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @shmish yes I can only imagine how upsetting that would be for you, I'm sorry hopefully your fs has done good news that will get you moving forward soon xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had a 4th person text me to tell me there pregnant...
    @kylez83 will you be doing anymore IUI or going straight to IVF now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like IUI is Monday now which is a bit sooner than it should be but I'm sure it will be fine! Just sitting at home waiting to do my injection so it lines up with recess time for the rest of the week!!

FS was good about the new fs I'll be seeing, he said she is good and is writing a letter to her without me having to ask!! My lining is very poor as of today but the puregon injections usually bring it right up and I've got a few follicles growing both sides fs did say that the semen count was very low again and almost not worth having done the IUI's that we've done but that we should persist because people have fallen pregnant from those counts...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @shmish my heart breaks for you it's just the worst hearing of other people's luck while fighting the battle what feels like alone. Let us know if you need a chat. I'm sure your fs will have a plan for you moving forward.
    @Mad89 that's great news all round! Looking forward to hearing how the iui goes and what the new fs says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting waiting waiting for Monday still going with the injections but they're hurting this cycle a bit!!

Just for a fun fact for future reference...they give me the weirdest, most vivid dreams I don't really sleep so when I do I remember weird dreams!! Also make me bloated and I've actually had some pimple break outs this time!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tomorrow is the day for the IUI very early in the cycle but oh well that will have to be it for this cycle!!

Not stressed at all about this cycle...actually enjoying a glass of red right now (well I managed about 1/3 glass) before having the uncomfortable IUI!

All our tests and paperwork gets sent off tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the Skype tomorrow @kylez83 ❤️

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So turns out today was just an internal scan so I had to take a half day off for that!!! But I have a 15mm on the right and 13mm on the left and my lining is at 7.7mm which is very good for me!

But now I have to go back Wednesday arvo and then Thursday is the IUI so back to injections for the next few days! Yay haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds very good @Mad89, it's great both follicles are participating! Bring on Thursday!

Appointment with ivf dr was informative but a bit of a shock. She said my amh levels are 5.2 and should be around 8 for my age, so we should expect to only get about 5 eggs. My heart and gut dropped as I've heard of ladies getting 15-20 eggs. I'm so worried now it's not going to work out but I can't do anything about that. We are going to be doing the type of ivf where sperm is inserted into the egg, I can't remember what that's called. So hopefully we get at least 5 eggs and the quality is good. We want to freeze what we can as dr said we will need to go again 6-12 months after baby is born because of our age. Next step is making contact with our local ivf nurse and then on day 1 of whatever cycle we want to start on I contact the ivf nurse and pick up my stims. 1 injection a day for about 11 days and 5 days in I add another injection. I'm 2dpo now so will do one more cycle naturally after this and then ivf.

Hope everyone is doing great