+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh sorry to hear, was holding out hope for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    To make an average day a bit lighter we just got confirmation of the appt in april but now DP has to abstain for 3 days before it for an analysis!! This is fine usually but it will be the last 3 days of our holiday poor guy!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha oh no really it's a small sacrifice that he has to make compared to the things we have to go through. What date is your appointment?

I've just booked us in with Genea in Sydney on 7 April for dp to have tests for, microdeletion test for Y chromosome, DAZ gene microdeletion, SCIT, antibody antisperm testing. I have no idea what those tests all are! I think we are also freezing some sperm? I've also asked our fs clinic if we can book in for 14 April to see him for the results and the nurse in our area so we can talk about the ivf and what we need to do to start etc.

Isn't it crazy that you and I are on the same journey with the same fertility issue and our cycles are pretty much the same timing! I'm glad we found each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly it's not like he has to take hormone pills or inject himself every month so he will survive might just do it before we go away instead!!

Our first appt is April 20th but not sure what it will be about etc! We will have our forms filled out that I got today and send them back asap and then have our fs send all our info through so we aren't just repeating ourselves!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone travelling? Day 2 of AF and I'm over it already!!

We've got a trip to the coast this weekend (only 3 hours away) mostly to get more hay for my horse but also just a quick getaway!! We both miss having any sort of water close by!! But of course af is here for the trip

Booked in for my day 8 appt with fs for next Wednesday for him to tell me to do the same thing again! Fx DP had a better sample this time and then have a quick chat about ivf but he's usually too busy to chat!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mad89 trip away to the coast sounds nice. So you are seeing fs wed next week? When is he retiring? Is he able to refer you guys to anyone else who is closer to you than Perth? Are you guys going to try another round of iui? I don't think we are going to, we are away for o this cycle so that's out, don't know if we will try it again. I think you can only do 3 try's through Medicare before they cut you off, have you heard this too?

I'm feeling really flat and emotional today. I think it has to do with the daunting and unknown process of ivf. And possibly tge fact dp and I haven't yet spoken about when we should get married. I want to do it this September but I'm not sure if he will feel it's too soon. I know he is tired from the party last weekend and being so busy at work this week so might leave it for a Sunday afternoon vino chat.

Random question, do you guys have dogs? We have two, Jasper and Huxley. Jasper is 17 and a Hungarian vizier. Huxley is 3 and a cavoodle. Huxley is my fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI - first time fertility treatment

Nope hadn't heard that but we will only be doing the 3 anyway! Well possibly will be! I'll see what he says on Wednesday!! He retires on the 28th of march which is possibly when my IUI is due not fussed if we do it or not! I guess it slightly improves our chances and doesn't cost us anything because he is a no gap provider...and if not I'll do the injections still and just bd at the right times and lay with my legs in the air

Luckily I'm feeling pretty good about Ivf! I think if we hadn't done the IUI process i would be stressing but it'll be ok and it'll get us both our end goal

Perth is the closest! Have a look on google maps at Kalgoorlie to Perth...literally 700km of nothing or small country towns!! So Perth it is for us

Yep I've got a cat called potato who is cross eyed, 3 horses, a 8yo kelpie x blue heeler Neva (who is deaf!) and a 7yo English staffy called solo poor DP adopted a few fur babies when we got together
    When we move back to nz my dog will be a visla I've wanted one since I was a kid!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (17-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back to fs tomorrow to see if we are doing our final IUI next Tuesday

And the injections start again tomorrow...oh yay!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @Mad89! Let me know how it goes.

I rang the Sydney ivf dr today to see how long it will take to get into see her after our test results and she said not to bother with the extra tests and she will do a Skype meeting with us Monday morning! So it will be interesting to see what she has to say. She has all our current results and said that should be enough. I'll let you know when I know more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Good luck tomorrow @Mad89! Let me know how it goes.

I rang the Sydney ivf dr today to see how long it will take to get into see her after our test results and she said not to bother with the extra tests and she will do a Skype meeting with us Monday morning! So it will be interesting to see what she has to say. She has all our current results and said that should be enough. I'll let you know when I know more
    Awesome news @kylez83!! That's really exciting I'm going to ask tomorrow for them to forward my files to the clinic so that hopefully we don't have to do further tests!!

The Perth clinic said that DP can do the test before our holiday just has to be referred to get them done by the gp they said SA and SABS (semen analysis and not sure what the other is)...so that makes it easier!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (22-03-2017)