+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all going and where are we at?

I've got my FS appt this morning to see if I'm doing the same treatment again and if I have to do the injections again...pretty sure I am at least I know what I'm doing this time!! Then it's just 8 more days until IUI 🤞🏽

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck today @Mad89.

AF has finally gone for me. Had acupuncture last night and will again on Sunday, two days before iui and then again on Saturday after iui. Have been doing it for nearly 3 months now so hopefully we will see some improvement in sperm count.
    @shmish how are you doing? Been sending positive vibes your way still xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the encouragement, 12dpiui and still negative. I'm so excited for everyones upcoming inseminations, I want to jump straight back in but money has been a bit tight. I run a family daycare and some children have left so a slight loss of income is a bit stressful. Also if this month works it will be due early November but if we go again next month it'll be a Christmas baby, my family have so many birthdays right throughout summer so waiting would be better but I've wanted a baby since I was 12 and just want to keep trying. Argh so conflicted but everything will fall into place the way it's supposed too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbaT For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbaT did you know you can claim it back on Medicare? I think it's only costing us about $60 per round of iui

Thanks
    Reviews
    So didn't have a great appt it was a bit disheartening but I'll be back there Thursday arvo and again Monday (cd 10 and cd14). Not really sure why though, that's different to last time! But still doing injections

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be monitoring your ovulation to get peak timing? What was it disheartening mad89? Sending hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 how is iui only costing $60? Is that because of private health?
    We just went through all our mandatory appointments and checks but have been told iui out of pocket is $1500! That's why we are so apprehensive to start
    I wanna go where ur going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically he got the results of the washing and said there was almost no sperm in it so the last cycle was pointless and now with only one cycle left I worry that nothing is going to change and then ivf is the only choice...mean no babies for us it's just too expensive

My FS is a no gap clinic so I don't pay anything but that's Medicare and private health I'm pretty sure! Not sure what other places do!

DP just keeps saying "just use a donor" but to me that's pointless. I want us to have kids not just my half!!! He just wants me to be able to have kids but a throw away comment hurts

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Trytryandtryagain we do have private health but the clinic lodged a form with Medicare for us, we have t lodged anything with private health because there isn't anything that they cover yet and all we have had to pay so far is the consultation fees of about $300 so far and $60 for the hcg and about $90 for the washing of the sample. We are going through a clinic that is connected to Genea. I can ask about it again on Monday when I see the fs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gee @Mad89 I'm so sorry to hear that I understand you not wanting to use a donor, I've had all the same thoughts because of our low sperm count too. Is dp taking any vitamins to help with sperm production? We are both doing acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs, for dp the treatment is all targeted at increasing sperm. We have been doing it about 2.5 months now. I'm going to ask fs if this next sample can be counted so we can see if the treatments have been working, I'll let you know because maybe that might be an option for you guys for say 6 months to get his sperm increased enough to give iui a go again? I know your fs won't be around then but you will find another they just may be a bit of a distance away. Only thing with acupuncture and herbs is it's expensive... $65 a week each for acupuncture and about $10 a day for herbs.... private health pays us back about $15 a session. On the cost of ivf, you have private health? We worked out through our clinic it's out of pocket about $4-$5k then $1500 each frozen egg transfer with us having private health. Could that be doable for you guys if you saved for a few months? Sorry for the long post and personal questions, just trying to help find some options for you guys sending MASSIVE hugs your way honey