+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @shmish thanks for sharing your story, wow.... I can't imagine what you have been going through, you are so strong! I truly wish you the best of luck, I'm sorry I'm no help with your situation, all I can do is listen and try and help you keep smiling and pushing on. There is another baby out there for you I'm sure xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI - first time fertility treatment

Hi ladies, sorry for all the posts, I need to vent... I'm only 6dpo today but work up this morning feeling sooooooo tired. I couldn't stomach breakfast so just had a protein shake. Been feeling nauseous, drizzly, headachy, slightly crampy and emotional. Am hoping it's a good sign and I'm not just going crazy.... this ttw is the worst! I still have 10 days until I can do a blood test pending no AF on wed/thurs next week. Anyone have any advice on how I'm feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 sounds promising but it's always hard to say at this early stage. It's so frustrating how the days just seem to drag on!

What medications are you on?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shmish For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 did you have pergonal? Anything I should know, did you feel alright after it? I'm not very good at all with needles as it is!! Will I need a night off training?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mad89 I got pregnyl I'm not going to lie it hurt and I got a pretty decent bruise - it's currently purple and shows no sign of fading and it's been 9 days already! I didn't really get any symptoms from it I don't think... but everyone is different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do pregnyl and pergonal do the same thing? I read they were different but then you have no idea with what's on the internet! There's so much information whyyyyyy can't it all just be easier!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shmish @Mad89 I'm not on any medication, they only gave me a shot of ovidrel the day before the IUI to help ovulation along. I felt cramping afterwards for a few hours but other than that I was fine. I was told to go home and rest after the IUI and to then to just carry on as normal, don't do a hpt and wait until two days after missed period before getting a blood test. Ttw is the worst!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI - first time fertility treatment

@Mad89 yes PERGONAL is different. What are you having it for?

Ovidrel and pregnyl I think are they same - They are HCG shots to mimic an LH surge - because it's HCG if you do a pregnancy test you will get a positive! However I have been testing my shot out! So I got a BFN this morning so that means the HCG is out of my system and even though I'm not supposed I can do a pregnancy test now before my bloods on Wednesday!
    @kylez83 I think they said it takes around 10 days for the shot to be out of your system so you could do a pregnancy test if you wanted but yeah they don't recommend it! (Because you can get a false positive)

It's so hard because even if I do get a BFP I won't be able to relax and enjoy until I do an ultrasound at 7 weeks to confirm all is okay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shmish For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shmish thanks for the extra info. 10dpo would be next week and dp is in Hong Kong for work then. We made a pact I wouldn't test unless he was there and by the time he gets back we would know because AF is due while he is away. So looks like I'll have to wait..... I'm certain my life lesson is patience lol

So do you think your bfn is just that its too early to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 I have everything crossed for you! I don't know how bad your hubbies issue is but I think you have a really good chance with the IUI.

I am only 7DPO so way to early to test it takes 6 to 12 days for implantation and only then does the body start producing HCG I only tested because I wanted to see if the HCG from the trigger was still in my system.

I've done a lot of research on different fertility issues and treatment a close friend of mine just had her first baby after 2 years of trying so I know all the different methods she tried!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shmish For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-01-2017)