+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Periods following birth - TMI

What were your periods like after birth please? I'm pretty confused. I never had cramps before I had my children but this period has been painful and the flow nearly non existent.

I'm 8 months post partum. My first period was in September (4 months pp). The first three were normal in flow and duration. Last month I had some pain and a really light, weird flow that lasted a week. This month seems to be even less flow and more pain. Not pain so bad that's it's impacting on my life, just a mild ache. I've also been getting round ligament type pain every now and then.

Is this within the range of normal, do you think?

My period pain probably lessened after my first bub but ovulation pain ramped up. I think the flow was probably about normal (Struggling to remember now!).

After my second birth the pain was still pretty minimal but the flow did get very very heavy to the point where I was getting up multiple times a night to change pads and really worried about how I was going to go back to work with such heavy periods.

My periods have stopped now due to treatment so I cant say if it would have gotten better sorry