+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking kindness and paying it forward.

Hi,

I light of a nasty now closed thread I would like to know the ways you've been kind and paid it forward?

I always help older persons with groceries if I am on my own. Most won't accept help but thank me.

I have waited at a bus stop with an 96yr old woman and missed many of my buses to make sure she was safely on to hers. Had the best conversation of my life. She was a cack!

I have paid for an older persons coffee multiple times especially when they don't look like they have two pennies to rub together. One lady just before xmas wanted to know why she didn't have to pay for her coffee. I bent over whispered into her ear. Merry xmas I paid. And left.

This is going back a few years. I paid for the toll on the harbour bridge for the car behind me. I also paid for the car behind me on the M4. It was a BMW i hope they did the same for the next car.

What have been some of the ways you've been kind and paid it forward.

Lets spread love and kindness not judgement.

mysticfalls

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Lanabananah  (16-01-2017),zelda  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a member of an online Pay It Forward FB group. Instead of Buy Swap Sell (where you charge for your goods) you just advertise household items and furniture as free for collection.

Quite often people seek goods there if they can't afford to pay much. It might be due to having had a house fire, unemployment, or young folks who have just moved out of home for example. It's nice to be able to say "Hey, I have one of those and you are welcome to come and collect it for free." Little things like that can make a huge difference to someone's life I think.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Lanabananah  (16-01-2017),MysticFalls  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default kindness and paying it forward.

This got me thinking.

Although I know I am a nice person, and try my best to not be unkind, I don't know whether I do this in a tangible way (other than letting every tom **** and harry merge in front of me!)

Therefore my (late) New Years resolution is to do one kind thing for a stranger every week.

I know everyday would be nicer, but I don't see strangers every day so it's feasible that I would fail quite quickly!

Edit - of course I will be continuing to do these things for DF, but I would like to try spread the love outside my immediate household
    Last edited by Lanabananah; 16-01-2017 at 16:13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In November, I had to get fuel for the car, I had $10 on me so I put that exact amount in but when I went to pay I had lost the $10 a really nice man paid it for me, I saw him a few days later and paid him back, his action was one I so appreciate and stopped me stressing.
    Another day at the same 7 eleven a kid was there to buy himself a slurpee but was a dollar short you could see he was really disappointed so I gave him the dollar which is nothing.
    Over the last year I've learnt it's all the really small things that are the most important in life and make life so much better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before I got sick I was always happy to throw a bit of change to anyone at the shop who needed it and I always stopped to ask mums who were clearly struggling with kids/tantrums etc if they needed a hand. I worked above a library so it came up quite regularly. I have never sold on the buy/sell sites but always donate our old stuff to Lifeline etc

We received a lot from the generosity of strangers last year so at this point anything I do is not really paying it forward but paying it back. I can assure you as someone who has benefited greatly from the small acts of kindness from random strangers, what you ladies are doing is massively appreciated xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do lots.
    I give away all of my sons toys clothes etc which are always in excellent condition. I give away random household stuff i don't need anymore. I get a lot of free tickets to things so I give them all to a guy who runs a soccer program for disabled kids - he treats himself and his volunteers , I get people jobs , find them places to live , hook people up with tradies if they need them . I'm a go to person just like my dad was before he died. I'm always trying to help. All I ask for is a thank you from people . ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread.

I love paying it forward. In the past few years I've tried to adopt it as a way of life in a way. I call it being love to others though.

It doesn't have to be monetary. I try to give people a genuine smile, especially if I catch someone's eye who is looking a bit low. If the smile leads to a random telling me their life story at the shops then so be it. I look for ways to help - the elderly, the Mum juggling bags of groceries and a tantrumming toddler etc. It's amazing what pops up when you're actually looking for it.

The next step for me is giving things we no longer need to goodwill or an organisation here in our city who furnish and decorate units/houses for families escaping domestic violence. They need everything and can take lots of second hand goods. I also regularly buy things for them like toasters, pillows etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't do as much as this as I'd like due to social anxiety, but my usuals would be donating or giving away clothes/toys/baby goods/household goods etc. and giving change to people on the streets. A couple of weeks ago I gave a guy some change, and he asked me to sit down and have a chat. I sat down with him for about 15 minutes and it made my day - great conversation!