+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 585
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,390
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked
    3,498
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Thank you for joining the discussion!

    Totally agree about Trump not realizing what he has done. I think he ran to show he could win, and now he's like 'wtf do I do now.'

    On a side note, did you see that he already changed the sofas and curtains in the Oval Office to gold. Of course he did.
    Is it going to be a 'negative speech' term?

    Has there ever been a President like that?

    I know some have had their moments but to be that negative?

    And where to begin? Obamacare? Wall? Removing women's rights to abortion? Removing the right to same sex marriage?

    He seems to have focussed on the 'wall' talk recently.

    Also Holly - can Trump have an influence on the current Directors of CIA/FBI?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,390
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked
    3,498
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, what will happen with his Twitter account?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    451
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Thank you for joining the discussion!

    Totally agree about Trump not realizing what he has done. I think he ran to show he could win, and now he's like 'wtf do I do now.'

    On a side note, did you see that he already changed the sofas and curtains in the Oval Office to gold. Of course he did.
    I know!!! It's like if you are unqualified and bluff your way through an interview and they tell you you got the job and you think oh crap, didn't really want it, only did it to get a pay increase from my current boss.

    Haven't seen his "decorating" yet but can only imagine!!!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild Rose For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (21-01-2017),JustJaq  (21-01-2017)

  5. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    976
    Thanked
    1,136
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rose View Post
    I know!!! It's like if you are unqualified and bluff your way through an interview and they tell you you got the job and you think oh crap, didn't really want it, only did it to get a pay increase from my current boss.

    Haven't seen his "decorating" yet but can only imagine!!!
    Gold curtains. So more tackiness will be bestowed upon on one of Americas greatest landmarks. There should be a policy with the redecorating that they can do limiting the colour scheme.

    I saw a bit of the dance. With all that money you'd think they could of at least had lessons to know what to do instead of waddling around in a circle looking bored stupid

  6. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked
    1,791
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Haven't caught up yet... but..

    *gasp* A shooting in the US!

    Is there more to this that I'm missing?

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked
    1,791
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post

    And yes, I saw a man holding a banner with 'white lives matter too much' and then the guy being interviewed getting punched in the head, twice.
    That was on the news this evening, that credible enough?
    And is that acceptable protest levels for you, would you like your children to see that.

    No.
    Then it's crossed a line.
    It's not a protest.
    It's an assault, not a riot. It's a matter for police, not a martial law.

  8. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked
    1,791
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Gold curtains. So more tackiness will be bestowed upon on one of Americas greatest landmarks.
    Ive heard he likes a bit of a golden cascade 😁Lol

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

    Californication  (22-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (21-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (21-01-2017),twinklify  (21-01-2017),Wild Rose  (21-01-2017)

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked
    1,791
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post

    I'd like to know what could happen if this continues.
    What are the possible outcomes if this goes on for another week?
    It seems a bit like you're going "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" when all it is is a bit of rain...

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,339
    Thanks
    5,293
    Thanked
    5,090
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Jan 20th Inauguration Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Is it going to be a 'negative speech' term?

    Has there ever been a President like that?

    I know some have had their moments but to be that negative?

    And where to begin? Obamacare? Wall? Removing women's rights to abortion? Removing the right to same sex marriage?

    He seems to have focussed on the 'wall' talk recently.

    Also Holly - can Trump have an influence on the current Directors of CIA/FBI?
    I'll find the articles I have saved of what he's already done his first day. The effort to repeal Obamacare has already happened. Fairly certain he has chosen a director of CIA, can't remember if he gets to choose FBI as well. As he took the oath the whitehouse.gov site automatically changed from obamas issues to his own. The link to LGBT rights was taken down, the civil rights link was replaced with one to protect law enforcement, climate change was changed with his policy--so ignoring its happening. And no sign of promises he's made. He already got rid of a bill Obama had signed to stop interest rates on mortgages from rising which was meant to help low income home owners.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 21-01-2017 at 20:27.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    twinklify  (21-01-2017)

  13. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,390
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked
    3,498
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Ive heard he likes a bit of a golden cascade 😁Lol
    Hahahahahaha

    And there were showers throughout his inauguration. Perfect weather for Trump.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Navigating Workplace Politics
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 16:18
  2. Negative Gearing - Politics talk
    By A-Squared in forum General Chat
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 29-04-2016, 23:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›