ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Incredibly clingy 2 year old!

My 2 year old is amazingly clingy.... She continually wants to be held and cuddled and cries really hard if I'm not constantly holding her. It's getting to the point where I'm genuinely concerned and don't know what to do. She won't even go to her dad and I feel really sorry for him cos he is continuously getting rejected it seems. Also it's difficult for me as I can't get much done as all she wants to do is cuddle.
    I returned to work last October and it's since then that things have gotten hard. Last night I worked night shift and she was up for 3 hours during the night asking for me. I just don't know what I can do about it. I feel guilty about going back to work... Do I quite my job? She starts day care for the first time on Monday.... Will that make things worse? I'm feeling really quite anxious and guilty and concerned about the whole thing. Any tips or advice would be wonderful, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    This must be so hard for you! It's tough hey?

Have you been to the day care for visits leading up to her starting? My DS is starting at the end of the month and we've been in for a couple of hours at a time for a few days over the past 2 weeks and will continue to do so until he starts...the day care recommended this to us and i really think it will help come the day i leave him for the first time. 🙁

Does your DD display anxities over any other facets of her life?