+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thought I'd update on this - the lady came and dropped it off and gave a demo ( which wsa the first I'd seen ) and....OMG! What an amazing piece of machinary that thing is! I saw it cut and onion in 3 seconds!! So - I am totally sold on it and can now see the fuss!! Still have to get my head around a bit of food prep but could now 'get' it! We have touch screen one - and the new thing coming up soon will wi-fi the cookbook straight into the machine! Anywa - now I need directions to the best thermomix forums LOL!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (20-01-2017),babyno1onboard  (19-01-2017),Californication  (20-01-2017),Phony  (21-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (20-01-2017),YeahYeahYeah  (20-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (20-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Thought I'd update on this - the lady came and dropped it off and gave a demo ( which wsa the first I'd seen ) and....OMG! What an amazing piece of machinary that thing is! I saw it cut and onion in 3 seconds!! So - I am totally sold on it and can now see the fuss!! Still have to get my head around a bit of food prep but could now 'get' it! We have touch screen one - and the new thing coming up soon will wi-fi the cookbook straight into the machine! Anywa - now I need directions to the best thermomix forums LOL!
    Are you on Facebook? There are so many great groups - Thermomumma, Skinnymixers, Tenina Holder, Thermomix me a drink.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (20-01-2017),Phony  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've wanted a thermomix for years. DH saw on the website if you order before 2/2 it's 24 months interest free. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and can't wait for it to arrive!
    Didn't know about all the f/b groups. Will definitely be joining those. Thanks for the tips ladies 😄

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2017)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Also the road to loving my thermomix and quirky cooking!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    It's so awesome! Great for hiding veges in other dishes too, I just chop up carrots/zucchini/mushroom / spinach / whatever and add it to meatloaf or pasta sauce or whatever!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gumnut babies For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    I've wanted a thermomix for years. DH saw on the website if you order before 2/2 it's 24 months interest free. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and can't wait for it to arrive!
    Didn't know about all the f/b groups. Will definitely be joining those. Thanks for the tips ladies 😄
    Yes this is what my DH did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never considered one but this thread is making me reconsider. What are the big pluses compared to the cheaper ones on the market like the tefal? I don't know anyone in real life that has any of them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deskar View Post
    I've never considered one but this thread is making me reconsider. What are the big pluses compared to the cheaper ones on the market like the tefal? I don't know anyone in real life that has any of them...
    I have the older Bellini. It chops the same which is great. But you have to change blades if you don't want the chopping blade, whereas the thermomix goes in reverse so only has 1 blade.

The thermomix kneeds but the Bellini you have to follow a series of steps to get it to do that.

Try as I might I cannot get it to make custard but in the thermomix it does amazing custard.

The motor is stronger in the thermomix so you can't overload it.

But I got my Bellini reduced to $170, and o can think of a whole lot of other things I need nearly two grand for, so that's where the Bellini wins

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with Wise Enough, lots of perks to the thermomix in comparison but it doesn't stop me using my Bellini every day.

Plus, I got mine when they were selling off the old model before relaunching the new one so I can't complain.

The only downside I've heard about the thremomix is if the scales need recalibrating that you have to send it away.

With the bellini, target replace the parts immediately if your machine is under warranty.

I even know someone who got a new motor when she had no warrently and no proof of purchase, they're really good there I have to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thermomix arrived today! I don't even know where to start, wish I had a few days to myself to play with it!