Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your concern anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMumkin View Post
    I understand what you are all saying but it's not when I am gone that she is crying, it is when I am there and not constantly holding her.
    As for coping, I am doing well. I have great support and hubby is taking time off work to be with me and bub.
    As a pp said, this isn't her being naughty. It is really normal for her age.

She won't be this little forever. I would try holding her, maybe wearing her in a carrier?

You sound lucky to have great support, maybe schedule some breaks with your husband so you can have some time away when needed? It does sound full on I know, but when you're with her just try to reassure her as much as possible.

It shouldn't last long but I really, really wouldn't try to discipline her for this. Or for anything actually, she's only 10 m/o

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-01-2017),Happymum2  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS was a clingy baby. I had to have him either on me all the time or he had to touch me - even during sleep.

Please do not give her time out and punish her. The world is huge to her and at this age and all she knows is she feels alone and wants mum. Hold her. Cuddle her. If you need to go to the kitchen pop her in the high chair next to you.

I get its tiring. And annoying not to have hands and space to do stuff. I have had no personal space and have been lugging a baby or a toddler around for almost 4 years.

It does get better. I suspect she is probably going through a leap atm too which makes it harder for her.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-01-2017),Happymum2  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What others have said
    She can't and won't stop crying because you tell her to. She's upset because she wants you to hold her. By all means, if you need to put her down, then do it. Explain that you'll pick her up when you're finished etc., but there's no use in punishing. Just do what you need to do.
    Alternatively, you can try setting up distractions when you know you need to do something that will be a trigger (e.g., need to cook dinner etc). Pull out the pots and pans, or grab some packets/jars etc. that she doesn't usually get to play with.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-01-2017),Happymum2  (14-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I would not put her in her cot as a punishment for what you have said already is normal behaviour. I am going through the same with my third baby so I know how hard it is when you have things to do, really I do, but I just have to go with it because she needs me and I want to comfort/reassure her. I use a baby carrier sometimes, or just wait until she's distracted with some toys to go do what I need to do. Or sometimes she just has to stand and fuss while holding on to my leg so I can finish dishing up dinner for my other kids. I find sometimes putting her in her high chair with a snack helps me get things done at crucial times of the day.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-01-2017),Happymum2  (14-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally I agree with the consensus of the PP in this thread. She is not naughty, she is a baby. For me, when my baby cries, I pick her up. If she cries when I go to the kitchen, I bring her with me and she pulls stuff out of the tupperware cupboard while I do what needs to be done in the kitchen There is nothing wrong with using a baby carrier, she will grow out of it in her own time. Some kids love being cuddled in a carrier until 2 or 3 or older My dd loved it until around 16 months & she became very mobile and then she hated it because she wanted to move off and be independent. In her own time - not forced by me.

Also, just wanted to add that putting a 10 month old in a cot is quite confusing - a cot is where you sleep, & I think it's best to keep it a positive environment, made for sleeping, not for punishment. If I were 10 months & someone put me in a cot, I would be wondering if I was meant to go to sleep or cry or... I just want my mummy... and so of course she stops screaming when you pick her up.

A baby has very basic needs, & she loves you just be there for her and meet her needs, and you will always be doing the 'right thing'.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I used to pop my girls in their high chair with a toy or snack to get things done. Or wear them.

Get your partner to take the baby outside to play or into another room when you're trying to do stuff.

Your baby is scared of being abandoned. She can't use words to tell you so she cries. And you essentially abandon her in the cot. Which is only going to make her more anxious about being abandoned.

My DD2 was a perfectly relaxed baby. She slept 12hrs every night from 4 weeks. My parents were around her every day up until 5 months. Then they went on holidays and she started waking every hour and taking 45mins to settle. When they came back 3 months later she was 8 months old and she looked at them and burst into tears and shook with rage. So so angry that they had left her. I had no idea she would even notice them going or remember them when they came back. And ever since then she's been a terrible sleeper, and it gets so much worse when my parents go on away. She's now 3 and I still get up to her several times a night.

Anxiety in babies is real. Cuddle her and love her. She's a teeny tiny baby. You can't spoil them at this age with too much love and attention.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (15-01-2017),gingermillie  (14-01-2017),Happymum2  (14-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (14-01-2017)