+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I made my husband have surgery for his snoring so I definitely don't think you're being irrational!

Seriously, I used to have to sleep on the couch his snoring was so bad. I took videos to show him and made him go to the GP as I didn't think it was normal, he's very fit and healthy so shouldn't have been snoring like that. GP referred him to an ENT doc who did some tests and it turned out he was getting zero oxygen through one nostril and not 100% through the other due to polyps blocking them. He had them removed and hasn't snored since (going on 8 years now I think). Heaven! Make him go to the doc or buy your bunk bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    I mean I get it, it's embarrassing to be a snorer. I was embarrassed. And when DH would complain or go sleep in the other room it would hurt my feelings a bit and there's this assumption that if you snore you must be fat and lazy. Some people would rather live in denial. .
    Good point.
    OP: maybe your hubby is embarrassed and that's why he's not taking too kindly to being 'forced' into buying a bed early.

If it were me I would say: I am not sleeping with you if you snore, I don't care what you do, you figure out how to fix it. Then I would nudge hubby to the couch every time he snored.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have had at least 10 types of tantrum by now, cheeeeesecake!

(I kicked my hubby out on to the fold-out several years ago, and I could still hear him snoring if I was downstairs!! After YEARS of me hassling him to have a sleep study, and consider CPAP, he finally organised his CPAP machine a few weeks ago. Now he won't sleep without it, it makes such a difference to his quality of sleep. He doesn't snore at all now whilst using it. It only makes a noise if the face/mask seal is disrupted for some reason, but he wakes up immediately if this happens.)

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok,so I always imagined a cpap machine would be like sleeping next to darth vader 😂 I thought they would be really loud. I'll definitely look into it 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently lying next to my DP who has had a CPAP our whole relationship.

Can't hear anything except when the mask slips and air gets pushed out, that's when I nudge him.

If we ever stay anywhere else and he forgets to take it the snoring is hideously loud and actually quite scary. He definitely stops breathing at times.

Go the cpap route!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Tape his snoring and play it back to him and ask him if he still thinks you're being "irrational"!
    This!!

Or tell him to sleep on the couch if he's not going to get the bunk bed now. He is clearly not listening to you & your needs. Rather selfish of him to be honest.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (15-01-2017),warratag  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help me settle an argument with DH

Sounds like he is being a d**khead. Go buy your bunk beds however at 33 weeks pregnant it shouldn't be you climbing up there. His problem he is refusing to acknowledge or deal with his snoring issue. I would be telling him to set up one half of the bunk beds outside or in the garage for the selfish prick to sleep in. You need your sleep! Good luck !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy a bunk bed and get a service like 'hire a hubby' to come and put it together. He doesn't want to help you then he can suck up a real man doing it. You shouldn't be doing it yourself at 33 weeks x

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with the sleep study.
    Apnoea is dangerous. Really dangerous for overall health.
    I would focus on his health first. See if he will agree to the study and see what it says. Hearing he's likely stopping breathing many many times a night and is at risk of heart attack, stroke, difficulty in losing weight, high blood pressure and on it goes, might persuade him into doing something about it.

But also - buy the bed! Regardless of the snoring! Buy the bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    He has (I forced him to ). His snoring is mostly due to his weight
    Then he could have sleep apnea tell him to go to a doctor and get tested. It's a medical condition that can be helped. Sleep apnea can cause all sorts of issues including shortened life span.

Tell him you want him around.

Don't tell him this bit most cases of sleep apnea can be helped with weight loss but in the meantime a machine can help.

Btw if you can order the bunk bed online and have it delivered asap I would just do it without asking.

Why are you contemplating climbing up to the top.? Can you put it up and sleep on the bottom?

Just make sure the bunk your buying is safe too. Some aren't.

Mysticfalls