ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Phony was this reference to a Qatari company hypothetical? Because I haven't seen anything in the news. Do you have a link?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Phony was this reference to a Qatari company hypothetical? Because I haven't seen anything in the news. Do you have a link?
    I suggest looking at Russian Times đŸ˜‰

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (23-01-2017),TheGooch  (22-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post

Sorry, I'm a bit snowed under here.

Yes, hypothetical as there's no proof.
    But QMSmedia are a branch of Qatar Media Services based in Doha, Qatar.

And thank you for your response earlier, I appreciate the way you worded it and the fact that you didn't misread my question and react with hostility.

I will get back to replying when I have use of the desk top.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (22-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    For what it's worth I know so many expats who live and work in Qatar and the UAE. Many of them in managerial and senior positions.

There's a very good chance that even if the campaign was produced in Qatar (which I doubt) the people working on it would have been a good mix of locals and western expats. And it would obviously have to be approved by QMS Media and RACV so the buck would have stopped with the Australians with plenty of opportunity to change it if they so desired.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (22-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (23-01-2017),TheGooch  (22-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Interesting.

Well it just backs up my original opinion that it was political and intended to provoke a response.
    How so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Being Australian.

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit snowed under here.

Yes, hypothetical as there's no proof.
    But QMSmedia are a branch of Qatar Media Services based in Doha, Qatar.

And thank you for your response earlier, I appreciate the way you worded it and the fact that you didn't misread my question and react with hostility.

I will get back to replying when I have use of the desk top.
    Wasn't the billboard also in an area that has the largest population of muslims in Victoria? Why can it not be that the photo was included amongst all of the others because they knew some of their audience and were including them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Actually, Qatar Media Services does not own QMSmedia:

'Can you tell us the history of QMS? There seems to be QMS, Omnigraphics, MMT, iSite, ABsee and maybe more. Which one is the basis for the company and how and when did the other become part of the company?
    What is recognized today as QMS Media (QMS) was borne from a vision of establishing a strategic outdoor advertising media business across Australasia. I formed a joint venture with Qatar Media Services in 2010, which led to the acquisition and aggregation of several outdoor media and related companies to establish a footprint across Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia in 2012.

Since then, the company has experienced significant growth both organically and through acquisition. The progression of the growth morphed into the listing of QMS Media Ltd. in June, 2015, on the Australian Stock Exchange where the capital raised was used to fund the acquisition of various complementary assets, fund the development of new digital assets and enable the Qatar Media Services shareholding to divest.'

http://www.dailydooh.com/archives/117458

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm aware I've left this one a bit and I'll respond when.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok, I'll try but I don't have a lot of time.

Yeah it's looking like QMS paid (funded? donated?) for the banner.

Dee Madigan (professional liar) won't answer any questions about it.

Have disabled comments on her Twitter and FB page about it.
    Won't say why the threats were, I said there were no threats on the QMS FB page either.

Also, those little girls.
    Up until the GoFundMe page was created, nobody knew who they were.
    They had to put a shout out to find them, which is really odd to me but there could have a legit reason, IF anyone would answer a question..
    Bad form.
    People feel like they've been duped.

If they're taking money from the public they should be transparent.
    People are asking if they were threatened enough to take it down (proof please) then how is money making the "threats" go away?

Look, I don't know.
    Because no one will answer but it reeks at the minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're seeing conspiracy where this is none. I have no idea who Dee Madigan is so I wont address that but the other stuff is all pretty straight forward. They would have had to put out a call the girls, absolutely. They probably got the photo from a local council who took the picture at an event. Those sorts of images are used a fair bit and if their parents didn't sign something at the time of taking the photo, there would have been something at the entry granting the organisers the right to images taken on the day. So the photo was passed on but not necessarily the details of the family. I dont know for sure but that's what I would assume. One would hope they found the girls and their families to ensure they were happy to be the face of this campaign.

I still dont know who the girls are. I haven't seen a single article in a decent media service who has named them. No responsible agency would name them.

The advertisers made a decision to take it down due to the threats. This Dee Madigan lady has said...blow that out your hole, we'll just put up more and we dont need the company to do it. Lets crowd fund to get this everywhere. I dont understand what you dont understand about that so I'm not sure what you're really asking there.

I dont follow the either the advertiser or the backing company but I can tell you there were plenty of threats made against the girls and the organisers on various facebook groups. I saw some awful things which I wont repeat but I was truly disgusted by the people I share a town with.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (24-01-2017),JustJaq  (23-01-2017),Renn  (23-01-2017),TheGooch  (23-01-2017)