+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There's a story on the news about the billboard and my 3yo walked past and said "those girls are Australian because they're waving the Australian flag!" She gets it!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (19-01-2017),HollyGolightly81 (19-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle (19-01-2017),TheGooch (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, you know when I see sh!t like this I can't help but think you're all being played, Australia.

Au d3.jpg

Note the two headlines at the top of the page.

head.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...717bbd7d241659

ANARCHIST Greens have declared war on Australia Day, calling for the Aussie flag to be burned, celebrations to be disrupted and protest graffiti to be sprayed on walls and roads as part of a sick anti-Australia campaign.

Federal Greens Leader Richard Di Natale yesterday refused to condemn the shocking demands being made by a group called Left Renewal — a far-Left faction of the NSW Greens.
    In a Facebook post, Left Renewal incited its growing band of supporters to take part in “seven days of resistance in the lead up to Invasion Day” — an event organised by a group calling itself the “Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance”.

Left Renewal, whose supporters include a number of rank and file Greens members, staffers and former candidates — including failed NSW Greens candidate Jim Casey — suggested activities during the week-long “resistance” include “stealing and burning the Aus rag” — a reference to the Australian flag.
    It urged people to interrupt Australia Day celebrations, erect protest banners, spray paint walls and roads, as well as “weaving, painting up, make spears, dancing on country” and other activities.

Premier Mike Baird slammed the group yesterday. “Australia Day is a day for all Australians. Anybody setting out to disrupt those celebrations, or promote disrespect for our flag, will be unsuccessful.”
    Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese, who defeated Mr Casey in the federal election last year, said the radical Greens group was “completely out of touch”.
    “Every Australia Day commemoration I have been to acknowledges our indigenous history and the injustices suffered, but also promotes a positive discussion about our future,” Mr Albanese said.

Thousands of people will pledge allegiance to Australia as our newest citizens in front of family, friends and community and that deserves to be respected not disrupted.”
    Shooters, Fishers and Farmers MP Robert Borsak branded the Left Renewal activists a bunch of “pathetic Marxist fools”. And Mr Di Natale’s ­office ­refused to comment after The Daily Telegraph asked if he condemned Left Renewal’s promotion of the divisive protests.

“We’re not going to be issuing any comment right now,” his spokesman said.
    Greens MP David Shoebridge, whose staffer Tom Raue has been involved with Left Renewal, said anarchy was not Greens policy he but defended the right to protest.

I'm even more convinced now those two little girls were used to bait the pubic.
    Now look, calls to burn the Aussie flag and put a stop to all celebrations?
    What?
    This country is headed for a race war.

Normal sane people get a committee together with representatives of each community and sort this out.
    Nobody learned anything from violent mobs on the streets obviously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a question yesterday but left it because the conversation was about the banner but those whose parents or even grandparents are still alive, how do they feel when you tell them you don't celebrate Australia Day any more?
    Or don't rejoice in it maybe is a better word?
    Do they understand it and move with the times or are they hurt by it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Anything written in the daily terrorgraph should be taken with a grain of salt.

They are very anti-Greens.

The Greens haven't called for burning of the flags. That headline is misleading.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle (19-01-2017),smallpotatoes (19-01-2017),TheGooch (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]I'm even more convinced now those two little girls were used to bait the pubic.
    Now look, calls to burn the Aussie flag and put a stop to all celebrations?
    What?
    This country is headed for a race war.

I think you're letting some of your madder ideas run away with you.

There's no conspiracy here.

The article you've cited refers to a Greens splinter grouo, which quite frankly, are a bit too mad for the Greens. It's not part of some wider grand plan. Or are you seeing some wider orchestration of events by something like the equivalent of the Jewish 'invisible hand' (or something like that) that people were worried about in Nazi Germany?

As for your idea that the advertisers of the billboard were "baiting" people - really?? Who's the main advertiser? RACV. As far as i know, they sell insurance, promote the rights of road users, and provide car breakdown assustance. They're certainly not known for radical social activism.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Californication (19-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle (19-01-2017),TheGooch (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I had a question yesterday but left it because the conversation was about the banner but those whose parents or even grandparents are still alive, how do they feel when you tell them you don't celebrate Australia Day any more?
    Or don't rejoice in it maybe is a better word?
    Do they understand it and move with the times or are they hurt by it?
    You don't need a big 'coming out' to tell people you don't 'celebrate' Australia Day. Quite honestly, i think most people don't care about Australia Day. It's a public holiday, and for most people i think, that's the most important thing, and best thing about it.
    Last edited by JustJaq; 19-01-2017 at 07:52.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (19-01-2017),cheeeeesecake (19-01-2017),gingermillie (19-01-2017),Renn (19-01-2017),smallpotatoes (19-01-2017),TheGooch (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Anything written in the daily terrorgraph should be taken with a grain of salt.

They are very anti-Greens.

The Greens haven't called for burning of the flags. That headline is misleading.
    I saw it on the news actually.
    And it's far left greens, yes but why the hell would it matter who it was, could be a bunch of idiots in santa suits for all I care, the message is to create trouble.

Is burning the flag acceptable to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    You don't need a big 'coming out' to tell people you don't 'celebrate' Australia Day. Quite honestly, i think most people don't care about Australia Day. It's a public holiday, and for most people i think, that's the most important thing, and best thing about it.
    Is this in reference to my question?

Maybe not you, other people might have had to have a conversation as to why they're just not doing the usually family get together???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We don't 'celebrate' it. Have not for a few years.

Noone had questioned us. Or asked us why we don't.

From memory we have not been to a BBQ for years on Australia Day. We even stopped listening to the Hottest 100 about 2 or 3 years ago.

We just spend the day at home generally.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're letting some of your madder ideas run away with you.

There's no conspiracy here.
    Madder ideas!
    Do you think you know me?

So you don't think that maybe, just maybe someone made a political statement to stir up emotions, rile up Muslims, Whites, and now Indigenous people and then expect the day to go off without a hitch?

Would you sit back as comfortably if it was an Australian Patriots group inciting violence? Because you know they can see what I see.

If this came from a right wing group we wouldn't hear the end of it, everyone involved would be named and shamed.

Oh but it's the lefties, not a real threat???

Look, if the day passes with no trouble then that's fabulous.
    There just seems to be a bit of a hum about this year.