+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    So as a personal anecdote, a thing just happened at work that made me think of this thread.
    I work in the retail side of the adult industry and I deal with people from all walks of life on a daily basis.
    By far, Muslim people have been the most respectful, polite people I've ever dealt with. They speak softly, don't call attention to themselves too much, say please and thank you whether I can help them or not then go about their days.
    On the flip side, "white Australians" have so far threatened to r@pe me, come after my children, wait for me to finish work and follow me home, wait for me to finish work and either beat or kill me, told me I'm nothing and beneath them, that I should be grateful if they let me "suck their c0ck", told that I'm there to service them in whatever way they like and if I don't deserve to have my head kicked in.

All in all, realistically it's white Australian males people should be afraid of. But should I suggest that based on personal evidence, I'd be told I'm lumping everyone in the same basket (and I'd be told rightly so) and no one would take me seriously.

I really don't understand why peoples view of all Muslims isn't the same.
    It's the same with any minority group.

If someone has a bad experience with an Aboriginal person or an African person or a Muslim person etc. then they will remember that incident for years and repeatedly bring it up to demonstrate that all of those people are bad yet a bad experience with a white person and nobody judges all white people for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All in all, realistically it's white Australian males people should be afraid of. But should I suggest that based on personal evidence, I'd be told I'm lumping everyone in the same basket (and I'd be told rightly so) and no one would take me seriously.

I really don't understand why peoples view of all Muslims isn't the same.
    I'm sorry to hear that, that's vile!

And if your statement above is true then maybe I should consider leaving here and taking my children back to where I know for sure they will be raised with a respectable attitude towards women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Yes a nudge for those who are in between.
    Not outright racists that incite violence and aggression.

But I'm talking about people who make juvenile comments, maybe they're young? Maybe they haven't had a great upbringing?
    What makes you think calling them out makes them agree with you?
    It won't.
    You'll push them further into their belief system because that's what they know.
    All that creates is a slanging match between both sides, as evident from the online comments over the past few days.
    They are still racist and bigoted comments.

There are laws to protect people from this.

They might be 'juvenile' comments but they are still wrong.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

gingermillie (18-01-2017),TheGooch (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear that, that's vile!

And if your statement above is true then maybe I should consider leaving here and taking my children back to where I know for sure they will be raised with a respectable attitude towards women.
    It's true and I can almost guarantee that it doesn't matter where you go. These people exist everywhere.
    To see them on the street you wouldn't know it. They seem like perfectly respectable people.
    To see them with their wives and children you wouldn't know it (which I have and I'm honestly astounded anyone married them let alone bred).
    My point is, this is *my* experiences with a large percentage of men. Not all of them and I recognise most men would be absolutely horrified by the existence of these people. But a tiny minority of them are total f@ckheads.

Just because a tiny percentage of a group of people are POS that you occasionally imagine beating to death with the American challenge doesn't mean they're all that horrendously vile.

It's why I don't get how if someone says "Men are like this!" People will immediately go "NOT ALL MEN!!" But it never occurred to them not all Muslims.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle (18-01-2017),smallpotatoes (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's why I don't get how if someone says "Men are like this!" People will immediately go "NOT ALL MEN!!" But it never occurred to them not all Muslims.
    Just to be fair, it might also be because not a lot of people know any Muslims but everyone knows men???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So next time I see a billboard featuring a photo of Pauline Hanson or David Lleyjonhelm I'm going to demand it be taken down, because it's not "inclusive or representative of all Australians". (And because THEY scare the beejeezus out of me!)
    Last edited by Gentoo; 18-01-2017 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's the same with any minority group.

If someone has a bad experience with an Aboriginal person or an African person or a Muslim person etc. then they will remember that incident for years and repeatedly bring it up to demonstrate that all of those people are bad yet a bad experience with a white person and nobody judges all white people for it.
    But white people are being judged.

Didn't you hear of the disabled white boy held hostage and tortured for days by four black teens?
    They live-******ed it to FB.

Not a mention of it on Bubhub but I bet if it was a disabled black boy held by four white "thugs" the thread would be still going.
    So don't tell me nobody says a word when whites do bad things, yet no one seemed interested in this enough to bring it up, the most vile of things to do to a disabled person.

Whites are even turning on their own, giving permission to others to have a go.
    It won't end well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    But white people are being judged.

Didn't you hear of the disabled white boy held hostage and tortured for days by four black teens?
    They live-******ed it to FB.

Not a mention of it on Bubhub but I bet if it was a disabled black boy held by four white "thugs" the thread would be still going.
    So don't tell me nobody says a word when whites do bad things, yet no one seemed interested in this enough to bring it up, the most vile of things to do to a disabled person.

Whites are even turning on their own, giving permission to others to have a go.
    It won't end well.
    Maybe not as many people follow American news?

If you think white people are disadvantaged then you're kidding.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench (18-01-2017),TheGooch (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    So next time I see a billboard featuring a photo of Pauline Hanson or David Lleyjonhelm I'm going to demand it be taken down, because it's not inclusive or representative of all Australians. (And because THEY scare the beejeezus out of me!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Maybe not as many people follow American news?

If you think white people are disadvantaged then you're kidding.
    Ah come on, that was on the news here.

And don't twist my words, you've been trying to get something on me that's not there since you joined this thread.

I have another thread about DISRUPTJ20
    I'm looking into what they're all about now.

Part of their plans over the next few days (leading up to the Trump inaugurations) is to teach people to 'unlearn to be white'.

Would that be acceptable if it was a lesson on how not to be black?

All I'm concerned about is in the efforts to erase racism, that we don't make whites the big boogey man either.

We can't preach on one hand how wrong it is to treat people of colour one way, then accept racism against whites on the other.
    I've even heard it being called reverse racism.
    No.
    Racism is racism.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

BigRedV (18-01-2017)