ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's in your nappy bag?

I'm pregnant with bub #1 and keep wondering what type of nappy bag to have? 'Proper' nappy bag, large tote bag, backpack or something dh would feel comfortable using?

So I'm curious, what do you have in your nappy bag?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Jujube BFF which has a shoulder strap but can also convert to a backpack, so it's been handy when babywearing or when I need the space in the pram for shopping instead. As for what I keep in it, that's constantly changing!

As a new mum you take everything including the kitchen sink especially if breastfeeding doesn't work out, but these days (15 months) it's mostly nappies, wipes, spare outfit, bib, food, a toy or two, more food, plastic bags for nappy disposal, even more food, drink bottle, then some more food. Because my kid eats a whole lot!

When he was tiny I'd have muslin wraps and at least two spare outfits, usually three, as he was a chucky bub.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaya For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (14-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a small nappy bag. Usually take 2 nappies, wipes, nappy bags, hand sanitizer, change of clothes, water bottles, wet bag. Sometimes a snack. More nappies if we're out longer. Kids are 19 months and 4. Often the bag will stay in the car, unless we have the pram with us to hang t from.

With little babies though, I took a lot more. Toweling nappies, face washers, lots of clothes, spare top for me. Both my kids spewed a lot as babies, so most of what we took it was dedicated to staying clean/cleaning up. I used to use a backpack.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just have a small Thomas the tank engine back pack. We got it in a show bag last year at the shower for $20

Small tube sudocream
    Small talc
    2 bibs
    1 sippy cup
    4 nappies
    1 disposable change Mat
    1 onesie for accidents (kept in a ziplock
    Baby wipes
    A few nappy sacks in a zip loocknbag

If I use anything when out I restock when I'm home same for when I go out I put fresh water in cup, more nappies, lunch if we need it

I've never been one to have or even like/want a huge bag as it's just something else to lug around

My keys, phone, wallet, water bottle go in the caddy attached to the handle on the pram

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never been a nappy bag user. When dd was tiny I kept a bag in the car with spare clothes and a muslin and some cloth nappies for clean ups. I just used my handbag and put in a nappy wallet (jj cole one which folds out to a change mat and you can store a few nappies and a small bag of wipes and nappy bags in it). I used to keep a spare onesie in the zip section of my bag for emergencies.
    Now dd is 18 months and I still just use my handbag and the nappy wallet and I also have a little skip hop insulated lunch bag I take out with all her food in it. Occasionally I take a small bag of toys if we are out for the day/going somewhere she needs toys.
    I still have the bag in the car with a hat, towel, sunscreen and spare clothes in it. I figure I don't need to lug that everywhere with me - if I was at a friend's, or out shopping or something and needed to change DDs clothes (very rarely happens really) it's just as easy for me to go back to the car.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought a large proper one and had it well stocked and tbh, I never really used it. so long as you've got something to change them and something to feed them (if not boob fed) then I wouldn't bother getting overly technical.

I've got a ton of sh!t in mine that never saw the light of day.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still use mine with DS, to the point where it's starting to fall apart.
    When DS was tiny (he had reflux and was constantly vomiting), we had:
    3-5 nappies
    Wipes
    Nappy sacks
    Change mat
    Small container of zinc cream
    3-5 burp cloths/terry towling nappies
    2-3 face washers (in outside pocket - easy to grab for small vomits)
    2 changes of clothing
    1 muslin wrap (and usually a muslin over the pram)
    My water bottle, wallet, phone and keys.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started with a nappy bag for the first week or two and it was a pain. I made a large sort of pencil case.. About the size of an a4 sheet of paper with a zip on the long side. I put a change mat..small Sudocream.. 4 nappies.. Wipes.. Change of clothes.. Bib.. Nappy disposal bags. Spare spoons.. Hat. Would just chuck this in the basket under the pram. My child is2. Still use it when travelling.. But now have an even smaller one I put in my handbag when going out quickly to the shops etc.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I bought a large proper one and had it well stocked and tbh, I never really used it. so long as you've got something to change them and something to feed them (if not boob fed) then I wouldn't bother getting overly technical.

I've got a ton of sh!t in mine that never saw the light of day.
    This is what I was hoping - being able to keep it simple. I've been gifted a nappy change wallet that fits nappies and wipes folded up so hoping that will help.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies of clean clothes in a ziplock

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Baby wipes, spare nappies, 1 change of outfit, nappy sacks and a nappy mat.

Be prepared if you're bottle feeding to fit at least 2 bottles anda formula dispenser. Or if you're breastfeeding perhaps something to drape over you while feeding.

I always just had a large hand bag with at least 3 sections. 1 for my things, 1 for bottles and food and one for nappies and clothes and wraps etc.

I could probably count on one hand the number of times DH took either of my kids out by himself when they were babies, so think more of your needs. Your DH could always just use a sports backpack if he goes out alone with bubs

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (15-01-2017)