Nbn

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nbn

What type of nbn do you have? (I know not all of Australia has it yet)

Who is your provider?

What plan are you on?

What speeds are you achieving?

Can more than one person use it at a time?

Mine is FTTP fibre to the premises
    TPG is my provider
    I'm on the boost plan up to 25mbps
    I was achieving 3mbps until speaking to tpg now getting 14-20mbps which is what I expected.

Only one person can be on at a time grrrr. What's the point of nbn when we were in Sydney on adsl 2+ multiple users could use it at slower speeds than nbn.

I thought the point of nbn was so that multiple users could do so at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the answer to basically none of those questions. I can tell you it was here in the estate when we built, it's Optus and I dont think we get speeds like that in general but it goes plenty fast enough.

I dont really get what you mean by only person being able to use it? We have a router so everybody is using it all the time through the wi-fi. Do you mean you dont have Wi-fi at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't have nbn anymore since we moved but we used to have it. Through iiNet. Averaged around 30mps and we have about 6 or 7 devices permanently connected, as well as a few family members connected so they would get the wifi when they visited

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Tpg. 12mbps plan and I get about 10 most of the time. There are 2 uses on it using at most times using the modem they provided when I signed up a couple of months ago. I pay $59 per month. Not sure if this helps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Following - NBN is supposed to be available in my area in February. Hope that's right as our Optus ADSL2 isn't too flash (very slow at times).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We connected our NBN with Optus, because we'd had nothing but issues in the last 18 months with iiNet. We've had some issues with drop outs, every night it would drop out every hour, but they replaced the modem and that seemed to have done the trick. The only issue we have now is DNS issues (?? Partner is the technie lol). We're FTTN and get decent speeds, partner and I can both be gaming and have downloads going and it doesn't stutter or anything. Need a new modem though, the ones they give you are rubbish so thats partners next big investment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we try to connect more than one person the damn thing slows down dramatically! If DD is on Netflix I cannot watch YouTube on my phone. ??? I'm querying if I went with a dodgy provider

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Tpg. 12mbps plan and I get about 10 most of the time. There are 2 uses on it using at most times using the modem they provided when I signed up a couple of months ago. I pay $59 per month. Not sure if this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    When we try to connect more than one person the damn thing slows down dramatically! If DD is on Netflix I cannot watch YouTube on my phone. ??? I'm querying if I went with a dodgy provider
    Yeah thats not right. When everyone is home my house has netflix going as well as the pc and at least two devices going with one of the devices also playing netflix. Never any problems. We're with optus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    I believe that if you have Netflix set to HD it takes up a lot of bandwidth. What is it like at other times? (eg other sites than Netflix).