Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I wouldn't move there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't move there. I already have an idea of the type of people you'd find living there and that would drive me insane. The different views on vaccination would just be the start of the vast differences.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauvette For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    64%?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    I wouldn't move there. I already have an idea of the type of people you'd find living there and that would drive me insane. The different views on vaccination would just be the start of the vast differences.
    I think my problem is that the type of lifestyle I want to live is very similar to the lifestyle that anti-vaxxers want, with the exception of vaccinations and modern medicine. I'd love to have my kids growing up being free to explore to nature, a school with play based learning in the early years, I'd love to have a vege patch and chickens, to eat all local organic produce, and to be part of a small community... Unfortunately I can't seem to find one without the other

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I think my problem is that the type of lifestyle I want to live is very similar to the lifestyle that anti-vaxxers want, with the exception of vaccinations and modern medicine. I'd love to have my kids growing up being free to explore to nature, a school with play based learning in the early years, I'd love to have a vege patch and chickens, to eat all local organic produce, and to be part of a small community... Unfortunately I can't seem to find one without the other
    I have all those things. (I have to travel for the produce but I have to travel for all my shopping) but I have all the rest of it. My children are quite "free-range" as are my chooks, harvested my first strawberries the other day and have many more things almost ready to go. And my community is about 100 adults and 50 kids. But just about everyone here is vaxxed.

We do have other "sacrifices" though to have this lifestyle. Such as the 45° temps today that aren't unusual for summer. And the previously mentioned travel for shopping haha.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (14-01-2017),Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I have all those things. (I have to travel for the produce but I have to travel for all my shopping) but I have all the rest of it. My children are quite "free-range" as are my chooks, harvested my first strawberries the other day and have many more things almost ready to go. And my community is about 100 adults and 50 kids. But just about everyone here is vaxxed.

We do have other "sacrifices" though to have this lifestyle. Such as the 45° temps today that aren't unusual for summer. And the previously mentioned travel for shopping haha.
    Oh wow, I could not cope with 45 degree temps!!! 😣 That was another plus for the area we were looking at, it's regularly a few degrees cooler than everywhere else, very rarely over low 30's apparently. I literally melt if it's over 30 degrees, I just turn into a giant useless puddle 😧

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WWYD - Q for pro-vaxxers

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Oh wow, I could not cope with 45 degree temps!!! That was another plus for the area we were looking at, it's regularly a few degrees cooler than everywhere else, very rarely over low 30's apparently. I literally melt if it's over 30 degrees, I just turn into a giant useless puddle
    I used to be like that. Hubby and I were saying today how quickly I acclimatised to the area. It's dry heat usually so much more doable than muggy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but if your kids are vaccinated, what does it matter if others aren't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but if your kids are vaccinated, what does it matter if others aren't?
    This answer will take much longer to explain than I have the time or patience to explain right now. But if you're genuinely curious, please speak to your GP or consult the online resources available through health.gov.au or the World Health Organisation, specifically regarding herd immunity
    Last edited by Frankenmum; 13-01-2017 at 23:52.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

JR03  (14-01-2017),LaDiDah  (14-01-2017),Mason98  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Closed as the OP has got the answers she needs, thanks for all keeping it on topic

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (13-01-2017)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234