+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    So sorry we have to put up with all these insensitive comments.

One that I received that hasn't already been mentioned by others occurred when I was at work and suffering some serious IVF bloat. At this stage we had been ttc almost 5 years and had been doing IVF for about 2 years.

A lady from work excitedly asked if I was pregnant. I told her no and she kept asking 'are you sure' and 'are you kidding' etc. I explained that I was on meds which caused me to bloat but she still didn't believe me and kept going on and on and on about how I must be pregnant. I was fighting back tears at this stage (all the extra hormones weren't helping) and then she said 'oh have I upset you?' I responded that I was fine and she kept going with 'oh but your face is red', 'oh but you look like you are about to cry', 'are you sure you are not about to cry?' I couldn't handle it any longer and just bolted from the room. Oh did I mention it was a crowded room full of my colleagues as we were having a function.

I ended up with a chemical pregnancy that cycle so thank goodness this happened towards the beginning of the cycle and not while I was losing the pregnancy - otherwise I may have totally lost it
    Oh my goodness you poor thing I hate it when people constantly use that as a thing. The minute I feel unwell "oh are you pregnant?" It's just like wow, i wish it were that easy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Work colleagues can be the worst offenders!! I had an experience with a colleague once - not ttc related. I love to travel, and am on a bunch of Facebook groups to discuss future plans and places I want to go. So eventually I quit my job to travel (in august) and one of my colleague comes up to me all sneaky and says "I knew you were going to leave" and proceeds to show me all the screenshots she's been keeping of my (I though was private) Facebook activity... From January! OMG I almost choked her in my rage!

Best of all, she was secretary to the CEO, so she had been breifing him about my 'plans' to leave all along (even though the trip was prompted by my husbands work circumstances, not mine).