+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0

    Default Stuck on a boys name at 39 weeks!

    Hubby & I are struggling to choose a boys name for our impending baby boy! On the list is Caleb, Oliver, Lachlan, Jensen, Henry, Connor, Oscar, Reid and Luca. Our first born is Archer. Opinions welcome!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,755
    Thanks
    1,029
    Thanked
    1,126
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopingforfirstbub View Post
    Hubby & I are struggling to choose a boys name for our impending baby boy! On the list is Caleb, Oliver, Lachlan, Jensen, Henry, Connor, Oscar, Reid and Luca. Our first born is Archer. Opinions welcome!!
    A few thoughts:
    Caleb: love it
    Oliver, Connor, Oscar and Luca rhyme with Archer so for me it would rule these out
    Lachlan: great but very popular
    Jensen: not bad but makes me think of the race driver
    Henry: goes perfect with Archer!
    Reid: the only name of yours that I'm really not a fan of. Perhaps ok for a middle name ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanks
    561
    Thanked
    980
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love Connor then maybe Caleb

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    925
    Thanked
    1,092
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I look at names I look at what they are abbreviated as

    Lachlan - lochie
    Oliver - olly/Ollie
    Connor - con
    And so forth

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0

    Default Stuck on a boys name at 39 weeks!

    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    A few thoughts:
    Caleb: love it
    Oliver, Connor, Oscar and Luca rhyme with Archer so for me it would rule these out
    Lachlan: great but very popular
    Jensen: not bad but makes me think of the race driver
    Henry: goes perfect with Archer!
    Reid: the only name of yours that I'm really not a fan of. Perhaps ok for a middle name ?
    Thanks so much that is helpful our surname starts with a C with a "k" sound. Do you think the alliteration of Caleb C is ok? I really like that name too. Edited to say we've ruled out Reid and Luca now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0

    Default Stuck on a boys name at 39 weeks!

    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    When I look at names I look at what they are abbreviated as

    Lachlan - lochie
    Oliver - olly/Ollie
    Connor - con
    And so forth
    That's my concern with Connor too. I don't like the shortening to Con. I'm ok with the other nicknames, but not big on Ozzy for Oscar. Can't really control these things either. :/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked
    779
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know a few Conner's...never heard them called Con. Do you like Kaden?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I know a few Conner's...never heard them called Con. Do you like Kaden?
    Yes that's what hubby says. That no one will call him Con, just Connor. Hmmm not huge on Kaden. Hubby doesn't really like K names either.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    20
    Reviews
    0
    Someone told me that you need to yell out the names, like you would when they get a bit older and mischievous.

    It helped us greatly in figuring out DD's name, how well it fit with DS and what it was likely to be shortened to in a moment of duress.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    951
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    278
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like Caleb or Henry from your list and they go well with Archer. Good luck with your up coming birth


 

Similar Threads

  1. Help - stuck with name for number 2!!
    By breezy87 in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 17:51
  2. Stuck
    By Brain in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 21:25

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Adoption through Barnardos NSWAdoption / Surrogacy
IVF Babies Due in April/May/June 2018pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #3pregnancy and babies through IVF
AlcoholGeneral Chat
Optimistic October TTCConception & Fertility General Chat
Exclusive pumping?Newborns (0 - 2 months)
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›