+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, it's hard with this pill, trying not to miss it

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does put you at risk of falling pregnant. I would consider going to talk to your pharmacist about emergency contraception

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    You should be fine 4 hours isn't too far outside of the recommended window of time.

It may be a concern if you were ovulating at the time, but this is unlikely given your AF was 7 days ago.
    Hi Mod-Degrassi
    So I took my pill not last night the night before at 7pm, then I forgot to take it last night but remembered at 10 am this morning. I took it straight away but then 2 hours later had un-protected sex with hubby.
    Should I consider taking morning after pill or what until I get spotting or bleeding?
    Last time I missed it by 4 hours I got my period as normal, ever since then I have been taking it on time everyday, with yesterday being the exception.
    Waiting your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeg View Post
    Hi Mod-Degrassi
    So I took my pill not last night the night before at 7pm, then I forgot to take it last night but remembered at 10 am this morning. I took it straight away but then 2 hours later had un-protected sex with hubby.
    Should I consider taking morning after pill or what until I get spotting or bleeding?
    Last time I missed it by 4 hours I got my period as normal, ever since then I have been taking it on time everyday, with yesterday being the exception.
    Waiting your reply
    Honestly, you may need to see your dr to discuss different contraception.

And if that ever happens again use a condom.

The morning after pill is not 100% effective. If you want to take it you will need to do it before tomorrow (not sure if it is still over the counter). So maybe see the pharmacist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeg View Post
    Hi Mod-Degrassi
    Waiting your reply
    When was your last period? If you're at that point in your cycle that you could be ovulating then you may want to take the morning after pill if you're concerned about an unwanted pregnancy.

I have never taken the morning after pill so I don't know much about how it works.

I also agree with @twinklify - it might be worth looking into a more reliable form of contraception. You just have to be so vigilant with the mini pill - I occasionally forget to take my pill on time too, but I wouldn't dream of having sex with my husband without a condom if I knew I had taken my pill late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    When was your last period? If you're at that point in your cycle that you could be ovulating then you may want to take the morning after pill if you're concerned about an unwanted pregnancy.

I have never taken the morning after pill so I don't know much about how it works.

I also agree with @twinklify - it might be worth looking into a more reliable form of contraception. You just have to be so vigilant with the mini pill - I occasionally forget to take my pill on time too, but I wouldn't dream of having sex with my husband without a condom if I knew I had taken my pill late.
    Period was 5 days ago.

I ended up going to pharmacy and as per doctors instructions took morning after pill called levonorgestrel

That should cover me now