+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default is missing 1 pill going to matter?

So I forgot to take the pill (mictolut) sunday night and according to the period/ ovulation app I have on my phone I ovulated on monday.
    Would it matter? I have taken it every other day. We are wanting a baby but waiting to try until later in the year.
    Need advice please.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default is missing 1 pill going to matter?

Hey there,
    I could be wrong but from my understanding I thought that if you were taking birth control pills it effectively changes your cf to make it harder for the sperm to get where it needs to go
    For the pill your on it states to take your missed pill as soon as you remember even if that means taking two in one day, continuing as normal and using protection for the next seven days
    However if you dtd the week leading up to missed tablet there's a higher risk of pregnancy happening
    So really depends on whether you have dtd and if so that would depend how much possibility there is
    I would say be careful till next Monday which is a week of taking your tablets again and you'll just have to wait and see if AF arrives really!

I personally have missed nearly a whole week of tablets from forgetfulness when travelling and dtd and not realised that I'd forgotten to take them and nothing happened, but everyone is different
    Last edited by Loh4; 11-01-2017 at 16:33.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

wishingnhoping  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leading up to the day missed we dtd twice Saturday, once sunday twice monday and once tuesday. I only realised yesterday that I missed a pill. Sounds like nothing will come of it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Isn't microlut the mini pill? If so you have to take it within a free hours (the same time) each day otherwise it's not effective. Maybe ask the chemist for an instruction leaflet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with VP. The mini pill needs to be taken on time every day or it is not effective.

You can google the pill name for the leaflet. Any time you miss the pill, have AB's or have a stomach bug you need another form of contraception or abstain.

Also the mini pill works differently than the combined pill so I really would encourage reading the leaflet again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds repetitive. But I've been on mini pill for about 8 weeks now and have taken on time. It was only until 2 night ago I missed it by 4 hours. And then last night has unprotected sex.

Has any fallen pregnant if taken late?

My last AF was 7 days ago so not expecting a period yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeg View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds repetitive. But I've been on mini pill for about 8 weeks now and have taken on time. It was only until 2 night ago I missed it by 4 hours. And then last night has unprotected sex.

Has any fallen pregnant if taken late?

My last AF was 7 days ago so not expecting a period yet
    You should be fine 4 hours isn't too far outside of the recommended window of time.

It may be a concern if you were ovulating at the time, but this is unlikely given your AF was 7 days ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Mod-Degrassi

Thank you. Was a little panicky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could possibly be right in the middle of ovulation. Bit if you only took it laye then I doubt anything will happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were told mini pill needs to be taken within 3 hours of your normal time OR you need to wait the 3 days before having unprotected sex again.

This was from our pharmisits