Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What would you want to change it to?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

YeahYeahYeah  (12-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually like Amelia and only know of one and there are none at ds primary school.

Also depends what you want to change it to but your hubby has to be convinced and he has to sign all the paperwork to do so

If he does cave it will say on the back what your daughters name was at birth. You'll also need to change bank accounts if she has one, Medicare, Centrelink

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quite like Amy as a nickname and it's not very common these days.

My DD is S.ophie and as popular as it is, we have only ever come across 1 other in the 4 years she has been at kindy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm with you're hubby on this one. It will be a pain in the bottom for your daughter down the track applying for things if she has had a name change. I don't think it's fair to put that on a child just be asus the parent has had a change in taste.

Any chance there is something else bothering you and this is manifesting itself in the name issue?

How old is the dog? If the dog isn't likely to drop off the perch soon then change the dogs name so you can stick with dd2's nickname of Millie.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (12-01-2017),Gentoo  (12-01-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (12-01-2017),PipersMummy  (12-01-2017),YeahYeahYeah  (12-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If Amelia was not so popular would you feel differently about the name? I understand not being overjoyed with a name you've settled on. I had to compromise severely with DDs name and I still feel remorseful about it even though it's a nice enough name. What I hate the most about it is the nickname that everyone invariably calls her - to me it cheapens the name. Anyway as for Amelia, my DD and DS have now been in 4 classes since starting kinder and never have they once shared a class with an Amelia. The only one I can think of is a sibling of a classmate my DD went to school with. So even though it's "popular" it doesn't means that there are millions of Amelia's running about. Could you call her Mila? I think that's a sweet nickname.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love that name! I do agree with Skydancer, I do not think ds1's name is that common and didn't hear it often until we used it and now I feel like I hear it everywhere, I think you just become more aware once you use it. It's also where we are living, ds1's name wouldn't be common at all in the states, maybe slightly more in Australia, and more common in London so I hear it a bit.

Would you consider Emilia? Same name but slightly differently and you could still call her Milly (the dog thing doesn't bother me) or could do Emmy?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the popularity/ comminality what bothers you most? Based on 2015 data, as a top 10 name, babies called Amelia still only represent less than 0.005% of all babies born that year.

DD is 9 and has an even more popular name, she's attended daycare and 4 schools with 750, 300, 480 and 150 kids, and at one of those schools there was a girl a few years above with her name. That's it - she gets so excited if we're out and she meets someone else with her name as it happens so rarely!

DS has a name that usually sits in the 80s for popularity - he's 3.5 and has attended 2 daycares where he's had a namesake at both of them! Plus we have two people in our extended friendship groups who have used the name!! Go figure!

So name ranking won't necessarily equate to popularity in your circles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    What is her middle name? Can you just call her that?

I must say Amelia is one of the top names I've never understood its popularity, I'm not personally a fan.

Having said that I'd either just call her Millie as her nickname or call her by her second name.

You don't really want to change it if there's still a record of her original name and when she's older she hates her name and wishes you had kept it as Amelia.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a friend who changed her DS's name due to the way it sounded with their surname. I think he was at least 6 months old when they changed it.

Would you like me to PM her to ask her any specific question/s?

I think Amelia is a really pretty name, and I love Milly as a name too. Perhaps as she grows your feelings may change? It's a tough one, especially considering your DH isn't on board with changing it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep her name formally and come up with a nickname (based off her first or middle name) and use that.
    My DD has very long 'adult' sounding name that I love but it doesn't suit her. DF and I came up with a nickname that we like and use that as her name (ie we always introduce her as that, her daycare stuff is labelled like that etc). I actually am not sure if most people know her full name.
    Funnily enough her nickname is similar to our dog's name!
    It hasn't caused any issues and when she's older she can chose to go by her full name or use a nickname (the one we chose or one of her own choosing).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post: