+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sleep monitor - when to stop using?

Miss almost 3.5 still has a video monitor and her breathing pads with sound monitor. I have anxiety so this is what allows me to sleep. The camera has a talkback function so we don't have to constantly go in when she's asking for things at bed time. She moved into a bed at 2.5.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question for those with toddlers using monitors, what do you do about the cords for the monitor and the camera once your child is mobile? The cables are pretty fine on mine and whilst being short they are still long enough to be a hazard. How do you work around that to make them safe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 3 we still use our its sound/video. Similar reason to previous post his room is down the other end of the house and we can talk to him through it when he asks for random things in the mornings.
    In relation to the cord we have the plug behind his bedhead and we have made the long cord short by cable tying it and using the 3m hooks on the wall to keep it out of reach. He only touched it once and never has again - explained it was dangerous and never bothered to touch it again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachs mum For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter is 4 next month and we still use ours (audio only). Her bedroom is at the other end of the house and a few times we've heard her with strider (the difficultly breathing with croup) through it which we wouldn't have heard had we not had it. No harm in keeping it, though we have another little one arriving in April and I want to get a video one so if they interfere with each other, I'll get rid of hers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deskar View Post
    Just a question for those with toddlers using monitors, what do you do about the cords for the monitor and the camera once your child is mobile? The cables are pretty fine on mine and whilst being short they are still long enough to be a hazard. How do you work around that to make them safe?
    My dd is 18 months and we have an oricom video monitor which I still use and will for a long time. The monitor sits on the end of her cot secured just by double sided Velcro and then the cord is taped to the outside of her cot all the way down so she can't get to the cord. She's a very adventurous toddler and she had only pulled the video monitor down a couple of times but the cord is secured anyway. DD will go into a proper bed in 6-12 months and I'll then mount the video on the wall again with the cord secured to the wall.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an oricom video monitor which I have mounted on the wall close to the ceiling. The cords run across the top of s pelmet. My daughter is 2.5 yrs and her bedroom is at the opposite end of the house.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again everyone for your responses! I feel better about using it going forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is only 8 months, and has stopped breathing 4 times in his sleep, my mil asked why I was still using the breathing monitors, cause aren't they for babies...... umm he is a baby and I will be using it for a long while yet.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumofjay For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-01-2017),Deskar  (15-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 19 months and I still use her Snuza Hero (clip on monitor). I'm also pretty anxious so it allows me to get sleep. I'll probably have to stop soon as she fiddles with it occasionally now. We cosleep so proximity isn't an issue. I'm just a worrier.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Maybe around 12 months with my first. Can't remember with number 2. My third I never used it at all

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (16-01-2017)